Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Under The Care of Jesus



John 17:23
I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as you have loved Me.

Sometimes in our worship to Jesus, we forget that He understands our human condition better than anyone.
We have elevated Him to a position where we forget that He has walked among us here on planet earth.
He has seen death up close and personal.
He understands the emotions and grief that death brings to a family who has lost a loved one.
A wife's broken heart over the death of her husband.
Children whose Mother has died.
Father's who have lost son's and daughter's.
Jesus understands the pain that we feel.

He knows fully well what temptation feels like.
To have an urge within that is so strong that it would pull you away from God into the darkness of your own soul. Left unchecked, this temptation leads to sin and sin to death. Jesus knows what that is like.
He was tempted in every way, as we are.
But praise God! He did not succumb to it. He was not shackled and broken by the weight of His own sin. He has not sinned.
The closest that Jesus has come to sin is when He took upon Himself my sin.....your sin.....the sin of the world.
He took on His own shoulders every sin that has been committed or will be committed. There on that cross, Jesus became the target for God the Father to pour out every bit of His wrath and hatred for sin. Jesus became ground zero for me and for you, receiving the full weight of the penalty for sin. His body and spirit took the punishment meant for you and for me.

With such in mind, Jesus now calls us to come to Him. To receive full pardon and release from our sin.
Not only that, He has promised to take care of us. To be the good shepherd and lead us. What's our part?
Confess those sins we have committed and receive forgiveness and healing for the damage they have done in our lives. Wowzer's!

I love the song "I Will Take Care Of You" in the video above.
The words speak of a loving Jesus whose soul aim is to save that which was lost.
Save...
Fill .....
Protect....
Empower....
Send out to share the message of hope.
All the while, everyday, watching over us and taking care of us.
What a Jesus is this that calls me to walk with Him?

I know you've been hurt
By somebody else.
I can tell by the way
That you carry  yourself.
If you will let me
Here's what I want to do
I will take care of you.
Care of you..
Care of you....

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...