Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekend Recap



Auburn's Loss to Georgia?  Painful.
Sitting out in cold weather at the game? Painful.
Being with the family? Priceless.
Thanks to everyone who carried on with VRC, and allowing us take a night off to be with family.
It was a great weekend and a chance to share some quality time.
Introduced my grand son to the Three Stooges. I just happened to have smuggled a box set of Three Stooges DVDs into the van. I suggested that he might want to watch one just to see if he liked it. Next thing I knew, I was hearing a few "Nuk-nuk-nuk's" from the back. This was quickly followed with "Whoop-whoop-whoop".  Ahhhh...another one converted.

I spoke at North Glencoe Celebrate Recovery last night. Got to see some old familiar faces, and they seemed to be doing well. Lot's of handshakes and hugs. Good stories and prayer requests. I spoke from Mark Chapter 2 and the "need of the one".  Multitudes followed Jesus every where he went. Several Bible commentaries say that when the word "multitude" is used, it means over a thousand. So we have Jesus, in a house, teaching, and he is surrounded by over a thousand individuals. Yet in this whole mass of people, the story comes down to one individual who is paralyzed. Out of this sea of humanity, Jesus focuses on the one. That was the heart of what I was trying to teach. That the room was filled with people, yet don't get lost and feel as though you don't matter. Jesus is after the one. That each person there last night had the potential to be the "one" if they would cry out to Him. There was much healing and forgiveness when ministry time rolled around. Those times are always like payday to me. There is a deep satisfaction in watching people come down to receive from Christ. A satisfaction of knowing that He who has begun a good work, will see it to completion. Such is our God.

Temp's dropping today....
Be safe out there....

Look for opportunities to love on folks.
I will see you tomorrow.
God on you....

mb



No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...