Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Season Of Gratitude



Excerpts From
Psalm 55

As for me, I will call upon God, 
and the LORD shall save me.
Evening and morning and at noon
 I will pray and cry aloud,
And He shall hear my voice.

Cast your burden on the LORD,
and He shall sustain you.
He shall never permit the righteous
to be moved.

Life seeks to overwhelm me....
It wants to drag me down and drown me under a flood of negative thoughts, emotions and feelings. Like sirens on the shore, it lures me with promises of peace and contentment. But such cries are empty and hollow, and will only end in death.
But the Lord...............
The Lord God Almighty who stands above the din and roar of life....
Offers His hand to lift me up above noise and clatter.
More than just lift me up, He offers to me a life of abundance...
A Cornucopia or His goodness......
Peace of mind, heart and spirit......
The warmth of His love....
The voice of His Spirit inside me, guiding me....
The firmness and stability of His Word and His promises....
The community of others who have given themselves to Him......
The richness of His grace.....
The fullness of His forgiveness.....
Such are the real things to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving day.

There will be meals to consume....
Conversation to engage in.....
Hugs and handshakes....
Football and afternoon naps....
But I never want to forget who should be the center of my thankfulness.
So.....

Father....
I have been blessed beyond measure by Your hand.
You have taken me, saved me, filled me with Your presence....
And given me a hope that sees beyond this life.

You have loved me with an everlasting love...
And I am keenly aware of such.
You have given to me an incredible family, in spite of my goof's and mess up's.
And through out our lives....
and the 42 years of marriage, You have woven your truth in our days...
And in our very being...

Everything I have....
Everything I am...
Is because of You...
I am truly Yours...
As a friend of mine once told me....
We are coins in Your pocket, God.
So spend me as You desire.

Jesus...
You are the Lord of my life...
You are the Savior of my soul....
I honor and worship You this day...

In Your name I pray...
Amen.

From the "B's" in Attalla, Ala......
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving...

God on you...
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...