Wednesday, December 24, 2014

John Piper's THE INN KEEPER




I try to post this video each year at this time.....
Some say it is a depressing video because of the subject matter...

I say it is life....
On this Christmas eve...
The day before a celebration of the birth of Christ...

The reality is that we still grown under the weight and rule of sin in this world.
NO amount of brightly wrapped packages....
Christmas trees with a million lights....
will change the fact that we await the return of our Savior.

We celebrate the Savior and the introduction of the Kingdom of God into our time and space...
And I still marvel at those times when I get to witness the power and presence of God move on people.

I still marvel at how God would come and heal someone through my prayers....
I am amazed at how the works of the enemy are destroyed by the movement and power of God's Holy Spirit.
These are the true "Points of Light" in this the Christmas Season.

Yes!!
Celebrate your families, as I will do.

Enjoy some good food, and unwrap a present to see what Uncle Frank bought you....
Enjoy the children as they throw themselves into this celebration we call Christmas.

But never forget that the birth of the Christ child,and our celebration of this birth was the first warning shots fired by God to announce that the Kingdom of heaven had come....It was here, but it wasn't here in it's fullness. Time and God's patience will see it to completion one day. Will I be alive? I don't know.....But, by faith, I  know that God will keep His word and that I have been given the greatest blessing to see Him move on people's hearts and lives and bring change, as only He can, to their lives. I have been been given the opportunity to participate in His Kingdom work. Or, as John Wimber used to say, "Everyone gets to play".

If you have never listened to John Piper's THE INN KEEPER, I pray that you will take time out to do so. 

Merry Christmas From The Bynum's In Attalla!

God on you..

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...