Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Visit To THRIVING


Lamentations 3:40
Let us search out...let us probe and examine our ways, and turn back to the Lord.

The very heart of recovery....
Taking a trip inside.
I'm the problem, not the drugs and/or alcohol.
It's not my father.....it's not my mother.....it's not my sister.....it's not my brother, standing in the need of prayer, O' Lord..standing in the need of prayer.

The drugs and/or alcohol are merely symptoms of a brokenness inside. And that brokenness is the absence of a relationship with Jesus. Jesus is the great restorer of lives. Truth be known, it's a very simple answer to a sometimes overstated problem. "Fix the inside...the outside will follow". 

Last night, I got the opportunity to be with Amy Brown and the group that meets for Thriving Recovery. What an incredible evening of worship, instruction, sharing, healing and ministry. The one thing that lets me know that God is at the center of a meeting, is the vibe, or feeling, in  the room. It felt like family last night.

Last night was also an appointment for me set up by God. I ran into someone who came through the Rapha program back in the 90's. I hadn't seen him in a number of years, but there he was...walking through that front door. He looked good and his story was one of surviving which was now being turned into "Thriving".  Got the chance to pray for him, and shared about what was going on at Rapha.  Later in the meeting, this same guy went up front to be prayed for to receive healing. Trouble with an elbow kept him in pain. Josh Brady prayed for him, and healing came to the elbow. As I would typically say..."Now that's Good stuff!!".

Tommy Puckett led worship....
Simple songs...
Simple message in the songs He'd chosen.

God came.
Who could ask for anything more?

Josh Brady shared a short message on "Being hidden in Christ".
To say that Josh and his wife, Regine, or high energy would be understating their personality. Using props, the two demonstrated what it means to live a life that is hidden in Christ. 

Amy Brown is the facilitator of the meeting.
You can tell, as she moves around the room, that she truly cares for each person who has made the attempt to show up for the meeting.
Calling them by name, shaking hands or hugging necks, she brings a calming and a peace to the room. 

Teaching on brain functions and how they relate to addiction and recovery, Amy keeps the information on a level that even I could understand. High energy and passion for what she teaches, keeps you engaged. Like I said...it was a great evening.

Thriving meets every Monday /  6:30 p.m.
Come on out and join us....

God on you.....

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...