Friday, February 13, 2015

2500 And Beyond!



Psalm 119:105
Thy word in a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

The Greene Street Letters....
My way of simply trying to keep it real.
A little something each morning to encourage, uplift, and maybe keep you and me focused on what is important in this old life.
You won't find the mysteries of the Bible unraveled and revealed here.
You won't be dazzled by my knowledge of Hebrew and Greek...

But if you're simply trying to make it through life, then maybe something that I've written may help you to take that next step.

The "Letters" have gone through several transitions over the years. As I've shared in the past, Greene Street Letters was originally a reminder that I mailed out to those folks who were attending our home group. We were meeting every other Saturday night, so long-time friend and pastor, Jim Bentley, suggested that I might send out a note letting folks know that we were meeting. The note worked and everyone seemed grateful that I would do such. On one particular occasion, I felt that God wanted me to share a verse that had been important to me at that time. So with the reminder, I shared what God had been doing. Lot's of return calls and emails in response to what I shared.

It all kind of escalated from there. A few months later, we began to put together a full fledged newsletter. Our mailing list began to grow and before long, we were mailing out 250 every other week. They were being sent all over the U.S. and Canada. Greene Street Letters were being sent to Europe and Russia, as well as Saipan. 

Greene Street Letters has gone through many name changes, but ultimately we wound back up with the original title. For a brief time, it was known as "Notes From The Outer Banks". Don't ask me why, because I'm not ever sure where that name came from. It was also known as "Blues Notes". This came about from our days of having a Saturday night meeting we called Vineyard Gadsden's House of Blue.

This particular format of the Greene Street Letters, the daily blog, took shape back in May of 2008. I began to receive letters and other forms of communication from former clients saying they missed my Bible studies, and the way I always seemed to have something they needed to hear. One thing lead to another and I got into the blog business. It has gone farther than being a touch stone for the men who have come through the Rapha program. It has become a place for anyone who needs a daily reminder of how incredible God is. A place where we all can be reminded that no matter what we may be facing in our daily lives, God has not forgotten us or cast us aside. 

I was checking the statistics for the blog and counted 150+ countries where the Letter has been read. Of course the highest count of readers comes from the United States. But the next three highest readings come from Russia, China and the Ukraine. To be honest with you, I wonder what they are finding in these postings. I'll have to trust God on that one. Too big for my brain to figure out. Just a lot of gratitude for allowing me to do this. 

So where do we go from here? Well, I can't see beyond tomorrow. All I know is if God gives me breath for another day, and I can make to this computer, I'll churn out another one. I do want to thank everyone who stops by here and reads the posting. So hopefully, I'll see you tomorrow.

God on you...

mb

1 comment:

Ann Wynne said...

Green Street Letters have been a wonderful way to start my day and focus my attention on God.

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...