Thursday, February 19, 2015

It Truly Is About The One Part 2


Psalm 96:1
Oh, sing to the LORD a new song! Sing to the LORD, all the earth.
Sing to the LORD, Bless His name. Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day.

You could not make this stuff up. It almost sounds like a script from a play or a movie. I have been writing about how I felt that we are in a season where the focus and intent of God is about the one person who doesn't know Him on a personal basis. The one person who has never really encountered God or, if they did, did not know that they were having an encounter. I've written in this blog about how we, Vineyard ReCovery, has been experiencing this in our meetings over the last 10 weeks. Well, it happened again last night at our Bible study.

If you check last Thursday's posting, you'll see that I wrote where I only had one person show up for Bible study. That I basically had a sit down "Study/ask questions" kind of meeting.In the end, the one who had come was saved. Well, last night I had two show up for the study. That's pretty cool...a 100% increase over the week before. We took a look at the salvation message that is hidden in the genealogy of Adam. This lead to a discussion about the Kingdom of God, as I explained the idea behind the "Kingdom here / The Kingdom not yet" theology that the Vineyard holds to. We talked about how everyone who knows Christ has been given permission and power to play in the Kingdom. That we all get to "Do the stuff" as Wimber taught us. We all get to pray healing on those who need it. We all get to cast out and off demons from those who are in bondage. We all get to do the works of Christ. 

The two became animated at the idea that they could actually participate in Kingdom work. I told them that the reason most people don't is because no one has told them they could, no one has given them permission to actually do it. Well, one thing lead to another and one of the men, who is working a recovery program, asked if he could pray the 3rd step prayer. This is the step where, in our case, we have come to the place where we recognize Jesus as the one and only Higher POWER and as such, are ready to turn will and life over to His care and follow Him.

He prayed....
God heard....
He was saved....

He began to tremble as He prayed...
The Spirit of God settled in him and over him...
What made this particular salvation so special is that this individual was a follower of another religion.

I've watched him since day one, have his barriers broken down because I determined that I would love him no matter what. I was not going to argue theology....I was not going to cast dispersion's on what he believed. I would speak the truth about the gospel of Christ and simply love him. As I prayed for this individual, I asked God to break down any barrier that stood between Him and this man. Then I watched it happen.

Conviction...
Confession...
Brokenness....

Salvation....

Is God good or what?
God on you...

mb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is good beyond all measure. What a wonderful God we have! Praise His name for what He did in this man's life!

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...