Saturday, March 21, 2015

Ruminating On A Saturday Morning


II Corinthians 5:9
Therefore we make it our aim whether present or absent to be well pleasing to Him (God).

I love this verse.
I love it because it reminds me that it isn't all about keeping a bunch of rules in order to please God.
I love it because it brings freedom to me. To realize that if you truly love someone, then you want to do things that pleases them.
Such is the way real relationship should be between God and me.


I don't learn what is pleasing by hanging out with people with who care nothing for or about God.
I don't learn what is pleasing to God by neglecting talking with Him.
More importantly, I don't learn what is pleasing by not taking the time to listen for and to Him to speak to me.
All part of the process of having real life with Him.

The process of learning to fall in love with God produces in an individual two things...
1.) the hunger to know (experience) Him more...
and
2.) the hunger to do those things that, we have learned, pleases God.
I don't share my story of what God has done for me to others because I have to...
I tell others about my God because I want to....


I pray because I have to...
I pray because I want to talk with Him.

I don't go to Vineyard ReCovery on Saturday nights because I have to..
I go because I can't wait to be with others who are hungry for God's presence, and to see what He is going to do in the meeting.

I go expecting to have an encounter....an experience with God.

So what is on tap for tonight?
We are going to talk about Divine Harmony.
What it is....

What it means to us as followers of Jesus.
How it plays out in our every day life.
If you are free tonight, then I want to extend an invitation to come out and join us. 
Meeting starts at 7 p.m.
We are located at Gadsden Vineyard Church..
Downtown Gadsden on Broad Street, between 4th and 5th streets.
Hope to see you..

God on you...
mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...