Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunday Video Of Wimber Teaching




I run into a lot of people who read this blog and, from time to time, they ask me why I focus so much on John Wimber. "Why do you post video's of a man who died years before? Why do you continue to talk about a man you never met?" Well, while this is true, I never met Wimber, I do have his voice and his teaching stuck in my brain, from spending countless hours of listening and studying under his teachings.

Marty Boller, author of the book The Wisdom of Wimber: As I see it gave the best answer for those who asked him why he continued to tell of John Wimber:
Now, over the years, well-meaning folks have come up to me, saying, "Marty, be careful. Don't idolize a man. Remember. You're a disciple of Jesus, not John Wimber." My response to these nice folks who are looking out for me is this. "I followed John and his teachings for one reason. Because, as I see it, John Wimber was a man who had been around Jesus. And quite honestly, I can't say that about many pastors I've met over the years. Oh sure, there are well-meaning leaders who refer to Jesus in their teachings and point to Christ with their ministries, but in John's case, I always sensed that he was one who wasn't all that interested in building himself a ministry, or gathering people into his crowd."

Once again, as I promised, it is Sunday and here is John sharing some of his testimony.
God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...