Tuesday, March 17, 2015

You Trust Me?


Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.

Trust God...
We hear it all the time if you go to church or watch Christian TV.

"You've got to trust God."

Trust = cling to / rely on / believe in / connect one's self, and the list goes on and on. To do so, trust, means that the party we are going to trust is worthy of it. The person or persons we are going to trust is (wait for it) trust worthy.

But what if there are two sides to this trust coin?
What if there is a side that we never really stop to think about?
What if it's more than me simply trusting God?
What if it also involves God trusting us.
Wowzers! Didn't see that one coming.

It's not like God doesn't know us and our nature.
It's not like God doesn't understand our propensity to mess up and make wrong decisions. He does, and yet in spite of this, He still continues to work with us.

Matthew 16:19
And I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Last time I checked, you don't go around giving keys to someone that you don't trust. You don't include people into your plans that you don't trust. Some would say that what I'm writing about this morning is more about "spiritual manipulation" on God's part, than it is Him trusting us. I don't think I see it that way.

What's is God's ultimate purpose with us?
Relationship...

Now if He can see things about us, good and bad, and has the ability to lead us to a place where we can see the wrong and bad in us, would that not be a good thing? If He possesses the authority and power to change our nature, and we cooperate with Him, would that not be a good thing? I think so. No matter what God does to us, in us, through us and from us...we still possess that ol' stinking free will thing. I don't understand how all this plays out, I just know that God is trustworthy, and I want to be the same to Him.

Matthew 25:21 is the parable of the talents. A wealthy man is going to take a trip, so he calls his servants together and gives them each a portion of his riches to watch over while he is gone. The servants immediately begin to put the money to work (if you will) in order to gain a return on it. The king returns and begins to take an account of what he had entrusted to the servants. When told that his return was greater by most of the servants (there was one knucklehead that messed up) the man told his servants, "Well done, good and faithful servants. You were faithful over a few things. I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord."

The parable was to show us that God indeed wants to trust us with His Kingdom rule here on earth. That if we each embrace what God is calling us to, be faithful with it (no matter how big or small it may seem) there is a reward for us being trustworthy. That is what I want to do. Be faithful with whatever God entrusts to me. Whether it is taking care of one person, or a hundred. Whether I go about His business behind the scenes or He calls me out in public to advance the Kingdom. No matter what, I want to be faithful and trustworthy.

Chew on this bone today and see what God says to you....

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...