Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Let The Church Be HIS Church

So, I am a the church studyin and downloading some new teachings, when suddenly for whatever reason, a thought comes to my mind. Not so much a thought as it is a line......
"Who will speak for those who cannot speak for themselves."
Hmmmm...
What does that mean?
Does it reference the fact that those who are followers of this Jesus have a voice for those who are still imprisoned by sin/addiction?
Does it mean that we are to be real intercessor's and, at the same time, rescuers of the ones who stand on the outside looking in on real salvation?
Sometimes I've prayed for God to touch a friend or family member because of their being outside of relationship with Him. God would come back with "You do it!" My concern for their live and their soul motivated me to speak up for them. 

In the book of Jude, at verse 24 you'll see: "Strive to save others, snatching them out of the fire......."
While this is a direction given to the church, it should be more than a simple directive. It should be a part of our natural inclination of how we are to conduct ourselves as we move through our daily life. You see, I think we are called to "BE" the church. That our very nature rejects anything and everything to do with that old lifestyle we have been delivered of. Our complete focus and attention should be set on Christ. Looking to Him as the sole provision for whatever it is we are in need of.

Now if I truly do trust God for provision and direction, then I can begin to look outward for those who may not know my Jesus. Now before you go all "Good gooley-mooley" on me, I'm not talking about striking a religious pose and become all "Church-ey". I'm talking about loving folks. A love that can only come from our Father. A love that fuels you to simply share. Me? I look for opportunity to interject a story...an incident that happened to me, when I'm engaging someone. My favorites happen at grocery stores and quick shops. Not to long ago, I was checking out at a store, chatting with the lady who was working the lines, when she mentioned that she was in the middle of taking chemo treatments for cancer. I asked her if I could pray for her. She lit up like a Roman Candle. "You'd do that?" I replied, "Yes I would".  I asked her if she wanted me to pray right then or would she rather wait until I get outside. She was a "right-then" kind of person. So we did....Afterwards, she asked me some rather simple questions about what I believed about Jesus. She made no commitment to Christ that day, but this conversation is still ongoing as I run into her whenever I go to this particular store. There is no doubt in my mind that she will be saved.

Shedding the old ways of doing and thinking...
I embrace the new life in Christ, taking on His very nature through the work of the Holy Spirit in me. Fancy words that mean if we do this thing right, when we surrender will and life over to Jesus' care, we learn how to do business with life and the world in a whole new way. It really is more about us "Being" rather than "doing". I find the value in changing. I see how this new life truly can affect, effect and infect everything and everyone around me. Because of Christ's redemption, I am a new creation of infinite worth.


One of the unusual by products of this new life is found in a verse that has changed me over the past few years. Psalm 37:4 - Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. I would read this verse, and think to myself,"Boy....God better be careful! I've got some pretty wild desires in my heart." Then I saw the verse as I believe He intended us to understand it. God will not give me the desires that exist in my heart whether they be good or bad. God will GIVE me...place inside me....the desires of my heart. In other words, when I surrender will and live over to His care, I will begin to desire things that are beneficial for this new life I'm living. Do you feel me on that one? I hope so because it sure does make it easier to divide that which is from God and that which is just me.....

Well, the coffee has finished....
My wife will be getting up in 8 minutes. She's a 5 a.m. kind of girl.
So I'm going to close this up for now.

God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...