Sunday, May 3, 2015

Thoughts on a WIND-y Saturday Evening

Thanks to everyone who helped with the WIND concert last night....
The food was incredible...
The friendships even more...

It was family last night...
It was home...
It was what God intended us to do...
Share with each other.


The air was filled with notes, chords and voices....
Couldn't help but feel the Father's love in the room....

Stories swapped and new ones made....
It was a good night....

We open the doors wide so the street could hear....
Sometimes hope is a precious commodity when you're on the street...

An open door is an invitation to come and sit a spell.
Two ladies come in off the street with two Saint Bernard dogs....
One from our family went to get the dogs some water...

The two ladies and their dogs sat down and joined us....
That is what family does when company shows up...
Always room for one or two more at the table...

Last night once again that life simply happens...
Real life, that is...
You can make your plans....
You can prepare for it's appearance...

but in the end, real life...
The messy kind....
The sloppy kind....

just has a way of appearing....
Kind of taps you on the shoulder when you least expect it and says, "Here i am. Are you going to embrace me and enjoy it?"
I say yes....

Once again, as in numerous Saturday's past, I lock the front and door and start to my car. Pausing, I look back into the room and say to myself..."Wow, that was a really good evening. How are you going to top that, Lord?" I rest in the confidence that He will. That is why we will gather once again next Saturday to meet with Him and let Him dazzle us with His love.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...