Thursday, May 28, 2015

Time To Pray


Ephesians 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to the end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.

E.M Bounds, in his book on prayer, said, "Prayer is the currency of heaven. Prayer moves God's heart to act on our behalf". If that is true, then how much currency do we never use? How much spiritual poverty do we live in because we never spend time in prayer? 

I have always felt that I was not very good at this "prayer" thing. That I never prayed enough. I never prayed for extended periods of time. That I squandered my own personal "prayer currency" by never exercising my God given right to communicate my needs or desires with Him. Is that true? Am I really like this?
Well, if truth be known, I'm probably not as bad as I think I am, but no where near where I need to be. I have learned how to pray without ceasing, as Paul commands us in the Scripture. It involves kind of keeping a running prayer going throughout the day. I won't go into it in this post, maybe for a later time.

I know that prayer is something that I need to lean into and learn. You say, "Learn? Isn't prayer something that comes natural?" In some regards, yes...but if it was a natural act to mankind, then why did the disciples ask Jesus, "Teach us to pray"?

I want to personally thank each of you who participate in this weekly posting of prayer requests from the men at Rapha. I shared with them at last nights Bible study how I post their request every Thursday morning, and that people really are praying for them. So, with that in mind, let's go on with prayer.


Prayer request # 1
prayer for this young man to learn to hear God's voice. He recognizes his need to not listen to those "old" voices when it comes to making decisions that are going to affect his future.

Prayer request # 2
This man, before he started using, had a close relationship with God. Now that he has begun this journey in recovery, his desire is to renew this relationship and move forward. His desire is to grow in Christ.

Prayer request # 3
I am going to put this request in the words that were written from this man.
"Help my desire for God....strengthen my resolve to chase Him. Help me to let go of my reservations so I can have a full blow commitment for God."

Prayer request # 4
Once again, here are the words from this mans request.
"I really want to know and feel (experience) God more. I need to understand and know what His will is for me...and then do it. I am really worried about all my court stuff. I want to save my money so I can go to college and make something of myself."

Prayer request # 5
This man wants us to add our prayers to his, in that he truly realizes that without God, he has no hope of ever staying sober. He wants to be the father his kids need him to be. He asks for prayer for his family, his sobriety, and his future.

Prayer request # 6
Very simple request:
"I want to have my family prayed for. I ask that I be prayed for as well. I need help ever so much I cannot do this on my own."



Again, I want to thank each of you who are a part of praying for these men. We are seeing hearts awakened to the fact that God is real and will do what He has promised. 

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...