Friday, July 17, 2015

Been A Good Week



Slept in this morning...
Well, for me it was sleeping in. Alarm went off at 5 a.m. which is late for me.

I guess I was more tired than I thought. Well into my first cup of coffee this morning....hey! It's Friday. Where did the week go?

It's been a good week. Spent most of it at the church. It has been a week of taking stock of the journey up to this point. Looking back at where God has brought us from....taking inventory of where we are today....and kind of glimpsing over the hill to see where we might be headed tomorrow. I was reminded of some prophetic pictures that God gave me years ago during prayer times. I knew this was God reminding me because I haven't thought about the "mental images" for years. Couple this remembrance with a prayer that Jeremiah Smith prayed over me yesterday, and I think maybe God is showing me that my role is changing. I believe that God is moving me into more of a teacher/equipping role. Recovery will still be the area that I am centered in (I don't believe that will ever change) but I will be more in tune to helping equip others to move and serve in this field. The need is tremendous, as I don't think addiction is going to go away any time soon. I've even had some who said that we were facing an impossible task, that we were only dreaming of a "pie-in-the-sky" solution. Well, I don't believe that I've ever had a "pie-in-the-sky" view of recovery, as much as I've had a "God-in-the-sky" view. Call me silly....call me a dreamer...but for whatever reason I truly believe what is written in Luke 1:37 ---For with God nothing will be impossible. And what falls under "NOTHING"? Everything!

If you are where you can get to a TV this morning, then check out TBN (Local) at 10:30 a.m..  Seth Barber has been asked to come and join a discussion about the efforts of local ministries who focus on Recovery. Should be good. I talked with Seth yesterday and I told him that if I saw him on TV wearing a coat and tie, I was going to come down to the studio and beat him senseless. "Be yourself, boy...be yourself."

Don't forget that Gadsden Vineyard Church hosts three recovery meetings each week....
Sunday night: Seth Barber and Catalyst Recovery. Supper is served at 5:30 p.m. (Free) /  Big meeting at 6:30 w/ worship and speaker /  Small groups afterwards which provide a safe place for interaction and ministry.

Monday night: Amy Brown and Thriving. Meetings starts at 6:30 p.m. / Amy looks at addiction and our inability to form healthy relationships. She takes you through the brain functions and how they affect your view of yourself, as well as the way you should process information in a positive manner. 


Saturday night: Vineyard ReCovery Church. Think of us as a rest stop during the week. A place where you can come and catch your breath. Drink some coffee and be encouraged to not give up. We keep the message simple, the worship honest, and the company low key. We are all about praying for each other and staying connected through the week. 

All three meetings stamp court card if you need it.

Only Catalyst offers childcare at this time.
So if you need a place to catch your breath from the pressures of life..you've got three excellent choices at your fingertips. I guess you could say that Gadsden Vineyard church has become your one stop center for all things recovery.

I will be speaking this Sunday night at Catalyst Recovery, so come on out and join us. Hope to see you there.

God on you...

mb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...