Thursday, July 2, 2015

Change.....Fuel For Life And The Kingdom Of God


I Corinthians 15:51
Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.

Just as the earth moves through seasons and cycles, so do we. 
We must learn to adapt to new areas that we move to. New problems that come up. New  ways to live and do business here on planet earth. We must learn to change. 

The change we must learn has to come from our journey of following Jesus into this new life.

We don't learn from the culture or our society. It's like having a guide book to a big city. The guide helps to cut down on confusion and show you the best routes to take to the places you want to see. Well, we not only have guide book (The Bible) but we have a built in GPS (God's Holy Spirit) to help us navigate through life. 

Life is about change as we age and  grow older.
The Kingdom of God, or His dynamic rule and reign, is about change as we learn and grow in Him. WE change...God doesn't. WE change...His plans for each of us are "yes and amen". That means they are set and He will take us all the way through them. As He told Jeremiah the prophet..."For I know the plans (thoughts) that I have for you", says the LORD. Plans for peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." The more we move in obedience to God, the more we will see His plans brought forth in us an in our lives. But we have to learn to change when God leads us in that direction.

The one thing that scares a person in addiction (as well as most of the human race) is the unknown. The thought of changing and having to do something different is almost overwhelming to some. It becomes such a barrier that the only way out is to run away and medicate or drink. That truly is not God's desire for any of us...that we turn tail and run. His desire is not for us to embrace the change....but to embrace Him and allow Him to take us through whatever we are facing. For He alone has the power and authority to help us navigate any change that comes our way.

Life is change...
I am learning how to live this life as a 63 and 3/4 years old man. I'll tell you this....life is a lot more different now than when I was 50, or 30, or 20. Not saying it's bad, it isn't. In fact, I'm happier and more content at this point of my life than I ever have been. But it is definitely filled with changes, and I have laid hold of God's hand every step of the way. Now laying hold of His hand does not mean I was a happy follower. Sometimes He pulled me kicking and screaming into the change, and I found out it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

At some point in our life, we will all experience the ultimate change.
We will pass from this life into the next where we will be changed physically and given a glorified body in which we will be with Christ forever. I know.....I know....sounds all science fiction doesn't it. But my faith and my Bible, confirmed by God 's Holy Spirit, tells me it is the ultimate truth, and that we will experience the ultimate change.  Maybe all this change here and now is simply practice and preparation for the final change. 


All the choices we make on this side of eternity will determine where we will go when we cross over. It won't be important whether you voted Democrat or Republican.....It isn't about which football team you pulled for...It isn't about whether you like country music or rap. It is about Jesus and whether you really accepted Him as Lord of your life. 

There is change in the air this morning....
There are some new things headed our way.....
I'll be sharing more about this on Sunday (or Monday) of next week.
God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...