Monday, July 13, 2015

Living Sacrifices Worship Conference / Looking Back


What a great weekend...
I've been to a number of conferences, but I really like the ones that have been held at our Vineyard. Chance to meet some really neat folks that we've listened to on Cd's. Chance to hear the stories behind the songs they've written, that have now become part of our "hymn" book. 

This past weekend was an opportunity to spend time hearing some great teaching on what worship really is all about. It's good to be reminded of what is really important in life and in the Kingdom of God.


Saturday 
 9:10 a.m. / Band is going over the songs for worship. They do have the funk going on. Music defined by the region, filled with the wonder of who God is and what His desire is for us, as His children. Crispin Schroeder is the pastor of North Shore Vineyard located near New Orleans. His singing and playing reflect the musical dialect of that region. 
Unlike most music of that city, God has taken it back and claimed it for His own. It's all about our worship!!! Maybe A.W. Tozer was right when he wrote that worship was the missing jewel of the church. Sometimes I think worship has been relegated to a place where we consider it to be nothing more than something we do to fill up time until the message. Well, I have been in meetings when the worship was so think with the presence of God, that the message was laid aside.

"Am I really hearing this?" Crispin begins to play an old '60's tune by the Buckingham's...MERCY. Kinds of strips away all the religious junk. "Come, Lord! Come and let us leave the stuff of the world behind. Let us come into your presence and worship You."
......"That there is no one....in the whole world...that can Love....me....Like....You do!"
Don't you know it..Thank you, Jesus.

First Song contains the phrase "There is no one like You". No matter what means we may try to use to measure God with,  there is no one or no thing that can compare with His nature, His character, or His words. No matter what......we ALL fall short of the glory of God. And it is in the recognition of our falling that we can truly embrace the salvation and love God extends to each of us.

Song: It Will Be Alright
Learning to live in the moment. Milking the moment for everything if has for me. Removing my attention from the bad, and feasting on all that is good. How many times did I not enjoy the moment because I was looking back...or I was looking out into the unknown of the future? How many things (given to me by God) passed me by because of my lack of focus? Can't live like this anymore. I spent way to much time "looking toward tomorrow".."Running from yesterday"...May I find You, Jesus, right now.

Worship ends. 

A peace fills the room.
I could get lost in this.

That you for this wonderful moment, Lord, and for your presence.
Philippians 4:6 floats through my mind..."Worry about nothing, instead pray about everything".
Thank You, Lord...
I will do this.


I think I need to revisit the discipline of spending time with God.
Not reading...
Not taking...
But simply sitting and listening.

To develop a Step #11 attitude: We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God. Praying only for knowledge of His will and the power to carry it out.

As the evening session wound down and we began the process of cleaning up, I was again filled with gratitude that God would let me be a part of such an incredible fellowship. The building was filled with laughter and voices. Goodbye hugs and handshakes all around. The family was going their separate ways, but the realization was that we were connected by something stronger than our name, Vineyard. We were family under the blood of Jesus.

I want to send a shout out to Todd and LeNola Bagley for heading up the Living Sacrifices Worship Conference.

Also to the core group from Vineyard ReCovery for taking care of supper, feeding over 45 folks.
Thanks to Deb and Barry Hooks, Jason and Angela Knight, Wayne Wimpee, Debbie Handy, Jeremiah Smith, and to my wonderful wife, Vicki, for demonstrating a servants heart.

It was a good weekend.
What's next, God?

Hopefully Living Sacrifices Worship Conference 2016.

God on you..
mb




No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...