Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday Musings..



“The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty has given me life.” – Job

Each breath I take is a gift.....
Each breath I take is a reminder that my heart beats because God Himself has granted me life.
I find gratitude in such.
That even with this incredible gift of life that I possess, God desires to see me grow and mature.
To move beyond the dark wants and desires that come from the human heart, and rise above to a new way of living...
A new way of seeing the world...
And a new way of interacting with this world.

Life is fragile, and to be honest with you, life is short.
I want to drink up every minute by being who God wants me to be.
To love as He loves (that's a hard one that I still haven't gotten completely right).
To not be locked in or locked down by religion, but be free to spontaneously burst into a praise song that comes from the heart. Maybe even do a "happy" dance in front of God. Such sounds silly to some, but I tell you that sometimes the understanding of who God truly is breaks through my heart and fills my mind and I just have to praise Him.

He didn't have to create me...
He didn't have to provide a plan back in the garden when humanity traded it all away from a piece of fruit and a false promise that they could be "Like" God. 

He didn't have to send His Son, Jesus, to pay the ultimate price for my eternal life.
He didn't have to do any of these things....
But He did.

There is coming a day and time where words like "addiction" will no longer exist....
Hatred will be a thing of the past....
Death and sickness will be relegated to a museum.

Pain will be a faint memory....
Tears of sadness and grief will no longer flow down the faces of His own...

I live for that day..
And I will join others and we will sing the song of Moses...
"Great and marvelous are Your works,
Lord God Almighty!
Just and true are Your ways,
O King of the saints.
Who shall not fear You, O Lord,
And glorify Your name?
For You alone are holy.
For all the nations shall come and worship before You.
For you judgments have been manifested."

For me....Every day is an opportunity to practice for what eventually is going to happen to me.
I will either die and stand before Jesus.....
Or I will be alive and be caught up to Him when He returns...
Don't know which one it will be, but it sounds like a win/win situation to me.
So, I'm going to live those around me today as I learn to love myself.
I'm going to love God with every bit of me, all the way down to the molecular level.
And I'm going to walk the path that is in front of me...
It may be fearful at times, but He is there with me...
I may seem to lose my way, but He won't forsake me or leave my on my own...
I think maybe those are promises, and from what I've learned so far in my 63 and 3/4 years here on planet earth is that God keeps His promises.
Just in case something happens to me today and I should go home....
Know that I love you and it has been a pleasure to type out my thoughts each day here at the Greene Street Letters.

In case today isn't my time to go...
I'll be here tomorrow.
God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...