Saturday, July 4, 2015

We Need Unity...We Need Revival...We Need The Cross More Than Ever




Galatians 6:14
But far be it from me to glory (In anyone or anything)except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through Whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world!

As I've grown older, I have found the folly of loving the world (the system, rules and culture) and in being under the direction of majority opinion which lies outside the will of God. Such love truly develops an appetite for "spiritual" carnival food....good for the taste but offers nothing for growth. I guess the Scripture was right, when it proclaimed that there was a time coming when people would seek out teachers who would "tickle" their ears. Tell them what they want to hear, rather than what God is saying to our time and age.
The world proudly proclaims that humanity has shaken off the old restraints of religion and are now free to discover our true destiny. Why do we need God when have become like Him? Some how I don't think this is going to turn out good.

The church is being relegated to the back of the line...We are seen as being out of step and out of touch. A moral fairy tale to keep people from enjoying themselves. The church has become more like a chaplain on a cruise ship. No one wants anything to do with us, until the boat starts to sink.


Those who proclaim the truth of God are targeted and labeled as trouble makers....out of touch...and religious, bigoted and hate mongers. The word religious is spoken with much disdain and hatred.(I've heard this from others who consider themselves to be followers of Jesus). Seems to me that if I have been called to be a follower of Jesus, then I should be about the business of loving and reclaiming those I deem to be religious. Not so with this group. They party and dance while pointing their fingers and filling the air with taunts, "we are the new church for the 21st century. I pray for them,as I would that they pray for me...I never want to be stuck in that terrible mindset of "We've never done it this way!"

While it is true that I do not seek the "old time religion"....I do seek a God who stands outside of time. A God who does not change. A God who is not fascinated with the model or way we do church, but only wants His word presented without the weight of personal opinion, or the tainted color of society that seems to have lost its way. THE Church has been called to love as God loves....called to be salt and light, not fill its ranks with the busy-body police trying to go all PC at every turn. The flag of cheap grace adorns the church of today. "Come and have your sins forgiven, and continue to live as you have!"

I grow weary of the division....
Do you think maybe Jesus knew what He was talking about when He said, "A kingdom divided will not stand"?
I am tired of in-fighting and bickering. Rather than work out our problems and personality conflicts, we resort to talking to others. We divide. We build camps within the body. No wonder we are spiritually sick and weak. No wonder we are powerless.We are in need of a great soul healing if we wish to survive.

Such behavior only proves one thing.
The church....

The Body of Christ...
Is in need of some confession and repentance on an epic scale.
The church promises you a golden ticket if you come to Christ...
No need to change anything in your personal life!!!

Come, be saved and reap the benefits of the cross.I see the church as becoming a little more Laodocian with each passing day. If asked, we would proudly proclaim, "We have need of nothing"...yet under the glaring light of God's truth, we are blind, naked and wretched, in need of a revival. And I don't mean a series of meetings...I am talking about a full scale invasion from heaven that would turn us back to the cross.
I sound a little old fashion don't I?
I guess you expect me to break out the hell fire and damnation next don't you?
Not going to happen.

What we really want is a "Common law" Jesus, just like a common law marriage. We want the benefits of being a follower, just don't ask us to commit to following. I don't think it works that way.

Only the Holy Spirit can convict us (notice I said "US" and not "YOU"..) of our sin.

Sin is the state of heart, not the deeds...
The deeds..the transgressions..the iniquity are all evidence of the heart that has rejected God. (tell me...how much rejection does one have to direct to God, to be considered truly rejecting God? I think it's like saying "Someone is a little bit pregnant". Either you are, or you are not...no in between).
So does it mean, if I am a believer and I sin, that I have rejected God? I think maybe the answer is "Yes".
Does that mean if I am a believer, I need to be saved all over again? No, I think true honest confession and repentance (change of heart, mind and direction) will bring you back under the grace of God.


I grow tired of the "My church is better than your church". Of lifting our denominations high above the name of Jesus. I think maybe Mark Heard got it right in his song "Everybody Loves A Holy War".  We want God to pick a side to be on. Maybe we better be careful...I remember reading in Joshua chapter five where Joshua has gone up to the walls of Jericho to scope out the problem of "How do we get inside?" He encounters what appears to be an Old Testament appearance of Jesus. Joshua boldly asks the man, "Are you for us or for our adversaries?" Jesus, in a nutshell, proclaims neither side, and lets Joshua know in no uncertain terms that HE is the commander of the hosts of heaven." I think we would do well to remember that God doesn't jump when we say jump. That Jesus isn't our valet to fill our every wish and whim. And the Holy Spirit isn't a genie to grant us unlimited wishes. 

David Meece's song "GOSPEL TRAIN" was one of the tunes I listened to yesterday, when I wrote about being homesick. The thought of shaking off this mortal coil and being in the presence of God is a bit intoxicating to my heart. To move from the ever increasing darkness of this world, to stand in the awesome splendor of heaven is more than my mind can comprehend. I do not want to be found as someone who loves the world more than Jesus. As quick as the homesickness for heaven comes, I am weighed down by the thought that there are others out there who are still trapped in addiction. There are others out there in the darkness of our towns and cities that do not know Jesus. So while I yearn to be home, I know that the call and mandate to tell others of the saving Power of Christ has to be carried out. 

Paul, in his letter to the Galatians, says that two deaths have to occur in every the heart of every believer. 
#1- we must die to the world....
#2- The world must die to us....
Like I said at the beginning of this post, I have been homesick for my real home. Now that doesn't mean I'm going to rush out and take my own life...It just an honest assessment of where my heart is. I also know that I have to be "Salt and light" to a world that has lost its way. With that in mind, I will push on and keep sharing the truth of God.

Still love me a little?
God on you...

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...