Tuesday, July 28, 2015

What A Day




Being a guitarist (and I use that term loosely....very loosely) I have always been drawn to others whose talent seems over top. In other words, those who know how to feel the music and let it flow through their fingers to the fret board. It isn't about how fast you are....how smooth your scales are....how impressive you can stand with your guitar, striking that guitar pose. It's about the music inside that is translated to the fret board of the instrument for everyone else to enjoy.A single note born from the heart to the instrument can have more impact that a riff that covers hundreds of notes. 

Phil Keaggy was a very, very bright light that I found when I came back to Jesus after an extended seven year stay in the wilderness. I remember the very first time I heard him. The album (remember those?) was HOW THE WEST WAS ONE....the song was WHAT A DAY. There at the end of that live recording I heard playing like I'd never heard before. Couple this with a man whose heart was for Jesus and I was hooked. I have followed Phil's music through the years. The trail led me to other musicians who also brought their heart to the music. Mark Heard, Larry Norman, Randy Stonehill, Second Chapter of Acts, Rany Matthews and the list goes on and on. 

The video I've posted is lengthy, and perhaps you can sit down at some point and let it minister to you.
Thanks....
God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...