Thursday, August 6, 2015

Still Alive And Well


Acts 1:11
...."Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was take up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

Understanding God with a human mind and intellect is a piece of work, isn't it?
Trying to grasp ideas and concepts of a being who has no beginning and has no end is beyond us.
Yet the very fact that God is real.........oops...did I actually write that?
God is real?
God is alive?

Yes, I did.
What am I basing this outrageous assumption on?
My own personal life and on the lives of those I have watched over the years who surrendered will and live over to His care.


Oh, we can dress up all the outcome of His work with religious words and phrases. We can tie up in neat theological package, but the truth is...
God is able to do what we cannot do for ourselves.

I have seen those who were so far into addiction that everyone had given up hope on them, come under the presence of God and then be changed into a new creation. Their life takes a definite turn for the good. They began to make sound decisions. They reject anything to do with that old lifestyle, a lifestyle, might I add, that they were never able to break free from. 

They began to have a love for others and a love for God.
They began to not just read their Bible, they actually began to study it.
I have seen men who rejected their families become incredible husbands and fathers.
I have seen grown men laid low to their knees by the power of God's Holy Spirit. Tears streaming down their face, saying over and over..."Thank you, God..thank you, God, thank you, God.
Don't tell me God is dead...
Don't tell me that God isn't on the move, ready to change the hearts of those who come to Him.
I have seen more in the last 18 years than some see in a lifetime.
No brag on my part...
Just Grace on God's part.
And what's more...
I never tire of seeing Him work or move on people.


Such is why we open our doors every Saturday night at Vineyard ReCovery.
To usher in...
To invite the Presence of God into the meeting and allow Him freedom to move on all of us.

From "little white lies" to full blow addiction...we are all in need of a Savior.
We are all in need of the divine "scratch for our sinful "itch". Something only God can provide.

So to me, Saturday night is a time of celebration for who God is, and what God will do.

I had lunch with a good friend yesterday who has 28 years clean time. You'd think that after 28 years, he slow down a bit and give this recovery thing a rest. Not Hugh.
He is a fireball for Jesus and for recovery. He talks to everyone he meets about what God has done for him. How God hauled him out of the ditch of alcoholism, cleaned up and gave him His Spirit and His purpose. I love being around people like Hugh Robinson. 
12 Steps and Jesus....
Being accountable and giving away what has been freely given to Him. That is what Hugh Robinson is all about.


I am humbled and proud to be friends with countless others who have been touched by this God, who some claim is weak or non-existent. Not in my book.
He is more powerful today than my mind can ever comprehend.
Ready and willing to save those who come to Him.

Now that's a God I can serve...

God on you...
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...