Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Early Morning Insomnia



Yep....
That's me. I got up at 1:15 a.m. / It's not insomnia. It's a cold /sinus stuff/ scratchy throat kind of deal.
Thought I'd whipped it over the weekend, but it reared it's ugly head again yesterday (Monday).

So here we are.

Wished I had something witty to say, but early morning kind of rips the "witty" right out of you, doesn't it?  Sitting here at the computer, staring at the screen waiting for something to pop up.

Sorry, I'm not popping this morning.

Wait....
Here it comes....

Aha!
John 14:15- "If you love me (Jesus), you will obey what I command."
Never saw this before (not that it is earth shattering / stop the presses).
If you have these affections...If you have made the decision to love Jesus...
Then that mindset, as well as heart-set, will move you to obey Jesus rather than your old way of thinking.

Seems to be a lot of fear over all the prophetic stuff flying around out there.
The blood moons....
The Shemitah....

A government that we don't trust...
A shift in the wind that may signal persecution against believers...
And directing and driving it all....fear.

Fear, in some ways, is the evidence that we don't really trust Jesus.
Now I realize that fear is an immediate response to things that have the potential to harm us, or rob us of our lifestyle. Words have been spoken over the imminent collapse of our financial market and our nation.  O.k....let us take this as a true prophetic word (not saying it isn't)...what should our response be? Listen to the t.v.? Make a mad dash to Wal-mart to stock up on groceries and ammo? Scan the internet for other words to confirm what others are saying? How about we acknowledge our fear. Turn to God. Seek His face and His word on what He would have us do. Once we receive His word...then act on it. 

What if instead of hoarding and saving God instructed you to give away.....
Help others....
You know there is one thing that Vicki and I have come to learn in our journey with Jesus....
You can't receive from Him if your hands are closed and wrapped around what you have.
You have to turn loose and open your hands if you want to receive.
Truth be known...He knows the future....

Here again, I'm not espousing a gospel where everything is lollipops and unicorns...sunshine and puppy dogs.
What I am proposing that God is in control, no matter what it might look like to me.
God has promised that if I would surrender will and life over to His care, He would take me all the way home no matter what.

You know what?
I think maybe I'll go lay back down, with the assurance that living for and following this Jesus is a win/win situation. 

Should I die today....I win...
Should Jesus come back to day....I win.

I like those odds.

Good night...and God on you...
Michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...