Thursday, October 29, 2015

DTS:101 / Session #11- Wowzers!



We held our 11th session of "Doing The Stuff:101" last night at VRC.
The group continues to grow and see the Kingdom of God in a new light.
The questions that are asked are causing us to look deeper in God's word and in ourselves to find the truth. More than anything, these meetings are causing those who attend to step out and begin to minister. The one thing I look forward to each week is finding out what took place during the days since the last meeting. I usually ask, "Did you have any Divine appointments during the week?" Or "Did God say anything specific to you?" The answers come back of running into someone who needed prayer. Or they encountered someone who had a physical problem that they got to pray for. Little by little, we are beginning to take a risk for the Kingdom of God. 

Those who are followers of Jesus have been given the authority and power to extend God's rule and reign here on earth. We have been called to play in His Kingdom. (I know that I probably should have said "We have been called to WORK in His kingdom, but I look at it as an opportunity to play because to me it really isn't a job). Bottom line, God equips those who answer this call.
He provides everything we need to interact with those who are dealing with physical, emotional or spiritual problems. Sometimes all three of these lap over in people's lives. How can you know what to pray, if you aren't taught to first hear what God desires us to pray? The obvious prayer might be for physical healing because we see a physical condition in the person's life. But what if the primary cause of the condition is because of spiritual issues, such as allowing demonic invasion into their life? What if the spiritual issue is about their salvation?

We read in Luke 5:20 where a paralytic is brought to Jesus to be healed.

Jesus takes one look at the man and declares, "Young man, your sins are forgiven!" Whoa...I thought the guy was paralyzed? He is, but Jesus saw the greater need. Jesus would heal his physical condition, but there was a need greater than the one that was evident.

Our part in this kingdom work is not to fix specific conditions when we are praying for someone. We are all about seeing a complete work in their life. Seeing the complete healing come to a person. What greater healing could there be than salvation? Sometimes what we see in a person who is suffering from a physical condition is because of a sin problem, or a demonic attack. I have prayed for people who were suffering from stomach problems such as sever pain. As I was praying, I saw (in my mind) the word "Unforgiveness". I would ask, "Are you struggling with forgiving someone who has wronged you?" Their answer would be yes. So the prayer would be turned to releasing the bitterness and pain of being wronged so that healing could come. As the old adage goes, "What you see may not be the problem."


I'm very grateful to everyone who comes out on Wednesday nights. It truly has been an adventure so far. My prayer is that we all learn how to hear God, and then simply follow His instructions. I think we are well on our way to moving in this new dynamic of His Kingdom.

God on you...

michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...