Friday, October 16, 2015

The Art Of Movement



I Corinthians 9:10
.......For out sake, no doubt this is written that he who plows should plow in hope, and he who threshes in hope should be partaker of his hope.

Yes sir, we're moving....
We're rolling like the Red Ball Express....
Ain't no stopping us now....
Only problem I see is....
What direction are we headed in?
Movement doesn't mean anything if you aren't headed in the right direction.

Forward...
Not backward.

Sometimes we can deceive ourselves into thinking backwards is the new forward.

We're going to regroup...
We are going to rethink this place we are in...

Relationship/ Recovery is about forward progress.
It isn't about achieving spiritual perfection as much as it is making spiritual progress. You can't make progress by going backwards. The only thing you truly do in going backwards is to hopefully learn from your mistake and push on.

We move in hope.
We move in the knowledge and understanding that this God we have chosen to serve is who He truly claims to be and will do exactly what He has promised He would do. Laying that as the coordinates for my journey, I press on. I press upward.....I lean into the day and set my heart and mind to not move backwards.


I Corinthians 3:13-14
Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended. But one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the UPWARD call of God in Christ Jesus.

I need to develop double vision, so to speak.
One eye on today, meeting and facing each problem with the understanding that God is capable of instructing me in what to do. I listen, I hear, I do, I move forward.

The other eye, I keep on tomorrow...

I cling to the promises that God has made to me. You see it is very simple, if God has made a promise as to my future and my well being, then He will carry it out to completion. The only problem occurs when I reject His promise to embrace my own desires and will. I have cancelled out what God wants to do for me, in me and through me. Dumb, huh?

I love Paul's understanding of this journey we call life. I love how he says in the I Corinthians 3 passage that he is pressing on toward the goal. Pressing gives the impression of leaning into...pushing against...in other words, Paul plainly states that there will be resistance in our own personal journey of moving forward. Did you ever notice that there never is resistance when you turn away and start back into your old way of living....your old way of thinking. Why is that? Because you are going with the flow. There is a constant flow against any forward movement in the Kingdom of God. We truly are learning how to swim upstream. But the prize Paul speaks of is well worth the commitment and determination to see it all the way to the end.

Thanks for letting me share...
Thanks for letting me ramble...
Thanks...


God on you....
michael b.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...