Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Rainy Morning / End Of The Year Thoughts


Philippians 3:20-21
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. Who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.

After my salvation, my place of residence changes.
This world is no longer my home.
Heaven is now my abode. I am separated from it by this life I continue to live out and will, at some point in time, be taken there upon my death.
I live in this world, but I don't belong here.
As long as I draw breath, I have a call, a mission to carry out while I am here.
Share my story with whomever I meet.
Tell of what Jesus has done to me and for me.
The story really isn't about me...it's about Him. I just happen to be the recipient
of His grace, mercy, compassion, love....
And Salvation.

If I were to begin to post here on Greene Street Letters, everything that God has interjected into me and this life I am living, I could post everyday for the next year and still not be finished. I am not the exception in this, I am the norm. What He has done for me, He will do for you.
Here at the end of 2015, I think back on all the people I had a chance to share with.
Some accepted....
Some rejected.....
Some did not live to see this year complete.
That is why I burn passionately for this Jesus.
I don't know how long I will be here and I do not want to waste any time as long as I am walking around.
"You don't have to be in bondage to your sin any longer," the good news cries out.
"You don't have to have hell as your eternal destiny," the good news proclaims.
There is one, the Lord Jesus Christ, who paid the sin price for each of us and has offered us salvation and a new life with Him.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus.....
Look full in His wonderful face....

And the things of earth will grow strangely dim....
In the light of His glory and grace......

Let your ears hear above the roar and din of the noise of this world.
Let you hearing be set to the voice of God that speaks within your heart.

Let your vision be lifted up above the destruction and death of this world.....
And see you salvation that is waiting.
Believe...
Receive.....
And live.....

Happy New Years....
God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...