Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Innkeeper By John Piper




John Piper's "The Innkeeper"....
I have posted this video each Christmas season for the last 8 years. It is so "not" a traditional way of viewing the season, and is a reminder that the night of His birth, and life of our Savior was not a Hallmark Card kind of existence. It wasn't a neat, choreographed play that was all about image and getting it right. The Divine invaded our time and space, came to a stable and lived the first 30 or so years in relative obscurity.

Jesus took on the flesh, blood, and bone of humanity to identify with us. He was baptized, not because He had need of it, but to let us know the reality and gift that was being readied to save us all. That He was indeed the Messiah sent to ransom mankind.

Jesus walked among the very creation that had been spoken into existence back in Genesis 1. His very life brought hope to those who lived in His time, yet He knew better than anyone that there would also be suffering, and such suffering was temporary compared to the glory that was to come. In the midst of those whose children fell under the sword of a corrupt government because of His birth, walked the promise of God that would pay the ultimate price for our sin-debt. 


So while I do acknowledge the somber tone to this video, I am strengthened and encouraged to not let the dark times of this world keep me grounded and depressed. I choose this day to lift my vision higher...To let my thoughts be upon the "what-so-ever's" of Philippians 4:8. I choose to see Jesus in everything and everyone.

To the lost...He is the answer.
To those who have relationship with Him, He is the Hope of Glory.

So here on the eve of Christmas, I want to acknowledge Him as my Provision....my Savior, and as Marie Barnett so aptly put it....
"He is the air I breathe."


Merry Christmas from the "B's" in Attalla!
God on you...




No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...