Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year....New Direction


Matthew 25:21
The master was full of praise, "Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let's celebrate together."

Busy weekend...
Good weekend...
Driving home last night from Catalyst Recovery, I was trying to process all the meetings I had been in over the past 3 days. The ministry times were just off the charts, as I saw many people coming forward for prayer. Many were saved. There was emotonial as well as physical healing. All of this taking place on the first weekend of the new year. 


I was reminded of how we had labeled 2015 as being the year "of the one". Beginning with the first weekend of 2015, and continuing all year, we saw one person come to our meeting and receive from God. Each week seemed to be a time of healing or salvation for one specific person. The weird part in all of this was it was usually someone who was a first time visitor. They would come, and whatever it was they truly needed for their life, God would provide.

It got to the point that we would show up on Saturday night with an expectation of "Who will it be this week? What will God do?"

What was even more strange was that whoever the one was that received from God.....we never saw them again. They came for that one meeting...we loved on them....prayed over them...God would come...they would receive and then share with us what had happened.We would never see them again. Out of this came the truth of what God was doing in our midst. Would we be faithful with the one? Would we "BE" the body of Christ that He has called us to be? Would we take care of our portion of the Kingdom that has been entrusted to us? It was as much about us being faithful as a community of believers, as it was about the one who came each week and received from God.

So this past weekend was a time where God let it be know to me that we had been faithful with the "little" He had entrusted to us. Since we had, now we would see a different part of His Kingdom during this coming year. That excited me! What does that mean? I'm not sure, and I don't want to read anything into what I heard. I just go back to the original mandate I received to start the Saturday night meeting. God told me that this was to be His meeting and I was to stay out of the way. It was my job to simply listen, watch and then carry out what my instructions were. I have tried to do this each week. To not nail down an order or way of doing church, but to allow room for the Holy Spirit to move among us and bring the healing that we all need.

So what about 2016?
We'll see...
Our job is simply to be faithful with whatever is put on our plate. To take care of those who come through the door, making sure they hear the truth, and that we love them with Kingdom love. If we can hang on to that direction then 2016 will be a good year. 


God on you...

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...