Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Religion VS Christianity




Saw this video Sunday night at Catalyst Recovery....
Truth has a way of getting up in your business, doesn't it.
God's truth reveals the heart....
And if the heart is all up in religion...looking a certain way...acting a certain way...yet never experiencing a change of the heart...well, there is a problem there.

I love the way the Message Bible defines relationship over religion in Matthew 11:28-29


Are you tired? Worn out?
Burned out on religion? Come to me.
Get away with me and you'll recover your life.
I'll show you how to take a real rest.
Walk with me and work with me....
Watch how I do it.
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Keep company with me and you'll learn to live
freely.....
and.....
Lightly!

Some might view this video as a kind of "pie-in-the-sky" view of  who God is and what He expects of His children.
I don't see it that way.
I see it as a message of freedom from everything man conceived and everything man made....so that I can embrace who God wants me to be and do what He wants me to do. It isn't a "be free and be excused from your bad choices." It is a message of growing up and taking my rightful place in His kingdom. To tell my story to those who haven't heard. To share my Jesus with those who haven't met Him. To be salt and light to a bland, blind world that is need of a Savior. 


God has not called me to add to His Gospel.
He has not commissioned me to create more hoops for people to jump through in order to be saved.
The Gospel is very simple....

Romans 10:9 - That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in you heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God on you....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...