Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Edge Living






When you hear the phrase "living on the edge", you tend to think of high risk.
You picture the extreme athletes on snow boards or riding mountain bikes down treacherous terrain.
You may even think of this picture above...they guy sitting on the precipice of a mountain. Nothing between him and the ground except air.
I tend to get a different picture.


I was reading in Exodus 20 this morning about how God was leading the Israelites on their exodus or journey out of Egypt. Chapter 20 opens with the words, "In early spring, the people of Israel arrived in the wilderness of Zin and camped at Kadesh. Where they were there Miriam died and was buried." This must have been a difficult time for Moses as Miriam was his sister. She was the one who followed the basket Moses was in when his mother put him in the Nile River. Now, she was dead.

On top of all of this it goes on to say, "There was no water for the people to drink in that place, so they rebelled against Moses and Aaron." Moses didn't bargain for this. A group of unruly, complaining, whining people who could be satisfied no matter what. What more, God has lead them to a place where there isn't any water. God lead them there. God kept them living on the edge. Keeps them looking to Him for their survival. He brings them to places where there isn't any water, but then gives them water. 


DO you see this? God keeps us on the edge....we can either look to him, or we can rebel and try to live on our own. Time and time again, God leads the people to places where the enemy is coming after them to find out "what are you going to do. Fight in your own strength or wait for Me and let Me fight the battle for you." Time and time again, Israel had to learn the hard way. I don't want to learn the hard way. I want to live on the edge and rely on God to lead me in which ever way He thinks is best. Yes, it is scary at the edge. Yes, you want to cut and run at the edge. Yes, every one around you will think you've lost your mind because you are waiting on God. But living on the edge is where you will see God in ways you couldn't see him any where else.

Look for Him today.....
God on you.........
mb





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bro Mike that was just what I needed. Thank u so much I can't wait to tell u about my journey since I seen u last. Drew Barrett

Unknown said...

Bro Mike that was just what I needed. Thank u so much I can't wait to tell u about my journey since I seen u last. Drew Barrett

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...