Monday, March 28, 2016

Which Do You Want? The Tomb Or The Risen Lord?


Mark 24:5
The women were terrified and bowed with their faces to the ground. Then the men asked, "Why are you looking among the dead for someone who is alive?

Happy Day After Easter!
Jesus is alive....
Shouldn't every day be a celebration of Easter?  I would say yes.
Shouldn't every gathering of believers be celebrated as evidence of Easter?
Again, I say yes!

In fact the entire church body of Jesus Christ is held together by this simple truth. He ain't dead.
No body to look for to disprove this so called resurrection.
Oh, the History channel would pay great money to find His body. They'd do it up right. It would be the event of epic proportions to tell the world that Christianity is predicated upon a myth.

Don't worry, He isn't there.
He rules and reigns forever more.


Sometimes I think we live life like the women who went to the tomb to finish preparing Jesus' body for burial.
We spend our money...
We give our time....
We expend our very life on searching among dead things trying to find life.

When all along the life has been right in front of us, offering a way out of the graveyard.

To me religion is a lot like the efforts of the women who went to Jesus' tomb.
They have purpose (or so the thought)...
They are dedicated to the task at hand.
But their aim was a bit lower than it should have been.

Why did these women go to the tomb?
Because they had forgotten the WORD that Jesus had spoken to them.
The angels explained to the women that Jesus had risen from the dead.

Verse 8 tells us..."Then they remembered that He (Jesus) had said this (that He would rise on the third day). 
Religion is a dry, dead effort to show others that we are different.
Trouble is that religion falls short of relationship.
Religion busy's us into a form of godliness, but there isn't any power found in it.


I don't want a dead Jesus.
I want the risen glorified Savior....
Not the bruised, battered carpenter of Nazareth.
I want the Jesus that said He was coming back for us.

I want the Jesus that has overcome the evil one and his kingdom.
I want the real Jesus.
I want life, real life.
Sin busting....
Addiction breaking....
Hell shaking.....
Jesus life.

How about you?


God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...