Monday, April 25, 2016

We Have Hope In Jesus


I Corinthians 15:55-56
O death, where is your victory....O death, where is your sting? 

Busy weekend....
Good weekend....

But behind all the speaking and worshiping was the shadow of grief and sadness.
Death had taken one....
Sheldon and Samantha Brown's son was killed in a motorcycle accident late yesterday afternoon.
How strange it was to stand on a stage last night with Todd Bagley and be a part of his worship team. To sing songs that glorified God while friends of ours were dealing with this terrible accident and loss of a son.


But isn't that all part of the mystery? Knowing that what ever has happened, God is still good. Oh our humanity will ask the same questions that have been asked for thousands of years. "Why my child? Why did he have to die?" Or "Where was God in all of this?" I am not going to sit here and give a theological explanation on the nature of God or His view of death. I am not going there because God's view of death is not how you and I view it.
It would not lessen the pain we feel when someone close to us dies.
It would not bring peace to our minds and hearts when friends suffer...
But beyond what we feel...
Beyond what we think, there lies a truth that has been challenged time and time again, and yet still stands.
God is good...


I love what Job said at the end of a day where he lost everything.
All his material possessions...
All his children....
Everything he had worked for was taken from him by our enemy the devil.

Job 1:20 - Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship God.
It goes on to say that with everything that happened to Job, he did not sin by blaming God for what had happened.

I truly do believe that God understands the loss and pain when death takes a loved one.
I believe that His presence and love comes to cover the ones left behind.

He is patient while we muddle through all the "why's " and the questions that have no answers. At least no answer on this side of heaven.

I ask that you pray for Sheldon and Samantha, and all their family.
Let's keep them lifted up in prayer before our Father.....
I want to close with a verse that was given to me by a good friend upon the death of my mother..This verse has grown to mean more to with each passing year.

Psalm 116:15 
Precious in the sight of the LORD is death of his saints.

God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...