Thursday, May 26, 2016

Could It Be Today?



Revelation 22:12-13
"Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

You know, it is not seen as being vogue to talk about the return of Jesus.
The 2nd coming.....
I have run into a number of believer's who want to change the subject when it comes to the return of Christ. I don't know if this is true or not, but what I have noticed is that some folks seem to be in love with life here on earth.....the thought of leaving everything they have, to be whisked away to heaven is not a pleasant thought to them.

Well........I can hardly wait.
I'm not so much all up into the "streets of gold" or the "pearly gates" as I am to be able to worship in the presence of the one who died for me......JESUS!
To be able to converse with the Old Testament and New Testament saints about their time here on earth. Who would not be excited about such things?

This has been a wonderful season and time for me, as it relates to God's word.
I have been making my way through scripture in a systematic fashion, and this morning I found myself in the last chapter of Revelation. It has been a good study....notes....scribbles in my Bible and I am grateful to begin again, in the morning, to start over. 


The book of revelation has a way of taking ones attention and turning it to heaven.
Seems as though the older I get, the harder it becomes to carry on in this life.
I don't mean for that to sound morbid or depressing, but the truth is, if you live long enough then those around you, family and friends, began to die. Life becomes more precious and, for me, the truth of who Jesus is becomes greater. With that truth comes the understanding of why it is important to tell my story of Him redeeming me.
Taking me out of one way of life, and placing into another. From the bad....to the good.

Who knows...maybe this will be the day that Jesus returns....
That is both wonderful and frightening...
Wonderful in that I am ready.......
Frightening in that I am painfully aware that there are people who aren't ready for his appearing.....
their own personal choices have taken them outside the realm of God's mercy and placed them squarely in the kingdom and rule of darkness....under the bondage of Satan.
We have to tell our story....
We have to tell HIS story....
Let's make today a time to share our story with someone

Maranatha, Lord Jesus......
God on you.....

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...