Monday, May 30, 2016

God Has You....God Has Always Had You


Deuteronomy 2:7
For the LORD your God has blessed you in all the work of your hand. He knows your trudging through this great wilderness. These forty years the LORD your God has been with you; you have lacked nothing.

Powerful truth spoken by Moses to the people in their wilderness journey.
These were not the same people who had walked out of Egypt after Pharaoh had relented to set them free from their slavery.
No, this was a generation born in the wilderness.....
One who inherited the problem brought about by their parents and grandparents.

Problem?
What problem?


Unbelief......didn't believe God when He told them that they could take down the cities of Canaan.
Oh yeah, there was this thing about them grumbling and complaining.

Poor old Moses became the target of their talk.
"You brought us out here to die"
"We'd been better off to remain in Egypt."

And on and on and on the complaints piled up until God said, "Enough!"
So God granted to them an extended journey.
What should have taken eleven days, turned into a forty year journey.

Here's the kicker.....
God still took care of them during this 40 years march.
Whatever it was they needed, God provided.
I think such might fall under the heading of "MERCY"....

How many times do I not see the mercy of God in my own life, because I've been complaining about my life situation?
How many times has God provided what I needed and I was too blind to see it.
I was so wrapped up in my own little problems that held my own little world together, that I did not recognize the hand of God working in me, AND in my own mess that I brought on myself?
Now that's a scary thought to me.
One that gives me pause to reflect and ask God to forgive me of being short sided.


The one thing I hear from those in addiction is "I should be dead right now!"
I should have died in that car wreck, but I didn't.
I should be dead because I overdosed, but I didn't.
Do you think maybe God might have hauled your bacon out of the fire?
Hmmmmm.....Maybe.

Do you think maybe the only reason you draw your next breath is because God said you can?

Seems to me that maybe God has sustained us for a purpose. Some larger reason that we might not even be aware of. You might want to start asking Him..."Lord, why did you keep me alive?" You might be surprised by the answer.
Bottom line, even in the midst of terrible spiritual darkness, God provided things that you needed that sustained you. He kept things away from you that were provided and created to kill you. He has truly had His hand upon you  even when you weren't aware of such.


Today would be a good time to maybe sit and ponder what I have written this morning.
I pray and trust that God will reveal Himself to you.
God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...