Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Why?



Why?
Why write something every day and post it on a blog?
Ego?
Nope, I don't really have one...well, maybe a little one but I have to kind of turn it over to God everyday...you know the whole "humble" yourself deal. I really do have to humble myself because left unchecked, I'll run around looking for others to affirm me and make me feel good about myself. How sick is that?

It's not that I consider myself to even be some kind of spiritual goo-roo! I'm not (don't laugh..I misspelled guru on purpose).
Do I think my writing and insight and spiritual wisdom to be superior to others who blog?
Nope sure don't. In fact I wonder at times why I do keep writing.
Well, here is the deal.
I do it because God said to.
He told me to be consistent with my writing.
Don't get caught up in controversy or debate.
Proclaim the simple message of the Cross!
Jesus Saves!
Someone will need to read what I have written.
Someone will receive encouragement from it.
Someone may even have their heart and mind opened and take another look at Jesus.
Someone somewhere will need what is written in this blog.

That's the neat part.
God is in control.
I'm simply obedient to what He has called me to do.
I have no aspirations as to laying claim to being some kind of author or writer.
My terrible English is only preceded by my slaughter of the use of punctuation.
As long as the message is conveyed and causes some to think about God...then I've done my job.


This place of obedience in writing the Greene Street Letters has been my school, my seminary, my college, my testing place....in other words, God has grown me and stretched me over these past years. Sometimes I have learned really quick....other times, not so much. But my wife says that I am very teachable. 
My concept of what love and grace is has changed.
Love is harder than what some in the church thinks it is.
Sometimes love says "NO".
Through it all, I have come to have a deeper appreciation for the work of the Holy Spirit.
I have seen some incredible things happen when a person totally corrupted by sin is brought into conviction by God's Holy Spirit. I will never tire of seeing a person saved and brought into a new life and relationship with Jesus.

I have no plan or vision for the GREENE STREET LETTERS other than to keep on writing until God says quit or He takes me home.
I hope that you find encouragement here and a new drive to not give up or go back to an old lifestyle.
I pray that God would touch you and remove any thoughts of suicide or using again that you may have entertained during the past few days or weeks. You are truly precious to God.

"For God so loved the world (that would be you included in the whole "world" thing)
That he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
JOHN 3:16

God on you.....
mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...