Friday, August 19, 2016

Better Late Than Never



Sorry about no posting this morning....
It's kind of like getting your morning paper and then it doesn't show up at the usual time.
I know that I dated myself what with the reference to newspapers....
who reads them these days....


Any who, the internet was down on Greene Street this morning.
I looked outside my window and thousands of little internet gnomes and elves were busy trying to get it back up and running. Have you ever tried to navigate a maze of gnome ladders and elves bucket trucks? Such is not an easy task or for the faint of heart.

I am posting this from up in my office high atop Gadsden Vineyard Church, overlooking downtown Gadsden and the beautiful Coosa River. Even as I am typing this, the sounds of the worship team below are filling my office. Should be a good conference.

Don't forget we are still having Vineyard ReCovery church tomorrow  night @ 7 p.m.
Come out and join us. All in all it's been a pretty good week. Some dark times yet the light outweighed them. Isn't that what's it's about? Finding the light and giving it away. Taking it with you every where you go, so that whoever steps out the shadows is engulfed with the light God that comes from within you. Such always changes the person you come in contact with. They are either changed for the better, or they harden their heart a little more in resisting the light, and become colder toward God. No matter which, we are light-bringers, and image-bearers of the One True Living God.

I always love reading Genesis chapter one where God said, "Let there be light".
In my messed up way of thinking, when ever I read this verse, I see it as God giving light permission to exist. Kind of the similar thing we read in Matthew 5:14 where Jesus says, "You are the light of the world"......Not only is that a defining statement (this is who you are)...it is a directive statement also....(of the world)..He tells us who we are and where we function best. Any kind of light reveals its true power and worth when it is revealed in darkness.  Flashlight's are no good if used in the day time, but take them into the woods away from civilization, then become a powerful tool to find your way around.

Well, I guess I better head downstairs and join the others....
If no one has told you lately, I will
God loves you....
And so do I.


God on you.....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...