Tuesday, August 9, 2016

I Saw The Kingdom Last Night



Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like the children."

The room was alive.....
The room was filled with life....
Rhythm's and sounds....
Voices and dancing.....

Movement and heart's being quickened by God's Holy Spirit.
We were all gathered together in one place...
Covered by the Spirit.

Last night, I saw the Kingdom.
A group of Haitian orphans came to the "land of plenty" to give of themselves.
Those who had nothing came to minister to us who have everything.
Very humbling.....
Perspective became very clear last night at Gadsden Vineyard.

The Gospel was seen in the actions of these children who were far wiser than some adults I know.

It was a concert...
Yet, it wasn't a concert...

At one point, they sang a song--"I Need You, You Need Me To Survive"...and at the end, these children came down off the stage and moved through the room to individuals, and began to pray for them. They prayed in their native language so we could not understand the words being lifted to heaven. But one would have to be stone dead to not sense and feel the presence of God. Children, ages 4 and up, filled that room with prayer last night. These were not short "Thank You Jesus" prayers....these prayers went on for a while. My mind flooded with the words..."And A Little Child Shall Lead Them".  

These children have seen and experienced things that no human should ever have to. But here they were, smiling with a joy that goes beyond human comprehension, because the joy that filled them was not of this earth. The one thing I went away with is how truly unimportant "things" are in this life. That a full life consist of the people we love, and the people we come in contact with daily. Do I let my "Day" overshadow their need? Am I so single minded and self-focused that I miss an appointment set up for me by God Himself? I don't want to live like this. I don't want to be tied to this world, and I definitely don't want this world tied to me. Riches and fullness belong to the Lord, and He gives freely to those who desire Him above all else.

Yes, sir....
I saw the Kingdom last night.
I want it for myself, so I can give it away.

God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...