Tuesday, August 30, 2016

It's The Teeny Tiny That Is Our Undoing



Luke 16:10
If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities.

It really is the little things that we need to be aware of.
The small, insignificant things that we take for granted sometimes.
The things that cause us to think "This really isn't a big deal...why even do it."
But I really do believe that a dynamic takes place when we are faithful with the little things.
I think it is God's way of seeing how we will respond when our old  thoughts come back to us.
You know what I mean?
Those dark thoughts that seem to creep back in when we have had some time on recovery road.

Those thoughts that subtly tell you that you are the captain of your life-ship. You should decide what you are and are not going to do.

Saturday night we had a celebration of the little things.
Sarah has been coming to VRC for months. Faithful as a person could be, she would show up with her court card to get a stamp.
After coming for a number of weeks, I asked if Saturday night was helping her any. She replied that it was one of her most favorite meetings. Sarah kept coming. In the mean time, you could see her growing as a believer. We would talk each week and she would give me some insight into her life and how God was in the process of changing her.


This past Saturday night, she came through the door and we exchanged the usual "howdy's". I asked her if she had her court card. She replied, "No....I don't". Thinking maybe she'd forgot to bring it, I asked if she needed me to get her something she could take to the courts to show them she had attended a meeting. She told me..."No.....I don't have a court card any more....I finished my obligation to the courts." That means that she has attended the required number of meetings set down by the court. But here she was anyway because she wanted to be here at VRC. Now that is what I call a BIG/little thing.


I think God will honor Sarah's efforts to accomplish her obligation. What's more, I really believe God will honor Sarah because she showed up Saturday even though she wasn't required to do so any more. She could have come week after week just to get her paper stamped. She could have left week after week and never really tuned into what was going on. But she didn't. She told me early on that she HAD to change or she was going to die.
With that thought came the strength to do whatever it took to move beyond her old lifestyle, making sure that she crossed every "T" and dotted every "I". In other words, taking care of the little things, so that the big things would not be her undoing.
So this morning, I'd like to give a big ol' shout out to SARAH!!!!
Job will done.

You can check that off your list and move on to the next little thing.

God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...