Thursday, September 15, 2016

Another Chance To Worship


Update:
The young girl I posted about yesterday, who is in the hospital in Atlanta has successfully been brought out of a coma. There were no seizures or spike in fever. She was alert and responsive. Family said to thank everyone who prayed for her. God is a good God, isn't He?


Psalm 146:1-2
Praise the Lord! Let all that I am praise the Lord.  I will praise the Lord as long as I live. I will sing praises to the my God with my dying breath.

I am all about the realization of what it means to praise God. To direct my love, appreciation and gratitude to the very one who gives me life each day. I am all about the realization that praise is more than songs. It is an act, or behavior, that reveals the true evidence that God is indeed working in a person. Everything we do becomes worship/praise to Him. Every task I lay my hand to, and the way I carry out that task, is evidence of my love for God. My attitude during the work I am doing shows the true nature of my heart.

Do I complain and grumble when I am working? Not sure such an attitude would be classified as "Worship and praise". Now don't go reading anything more into what I am writing. I am not saying that we all have to Pollyanna, sunshine, unicorns and lollipops all day, every day. I am saying that we need to be more in touch with the simple fact that the Holy Spirit of the real-deal God is alive and at work in each one of us who claim to be a follower of Jesus. We will have bad days and hard times, but such should not dictate our appreciation for what God has done to us, through us and for us. I choose not live in the doldrums, or get my mail at the corner of doom and gloom.


Now, tomorrow night, at Gadsden Vineyard, some of our extended spiritual family will be rolling into town to lead us in some worship time.  As you can see by the image I posted at the beginning of this post, John and Marie Barnett, along with Raymond "Sleep" Ray" McDonald, Bobby McDonald, Joel Knox will be taking the stage at 7 p.m.. This isn't going to be a performance or a concert. It will be a time where we can gather and just be free to worship. There's no charge for showing up tomorrow night.....Come on out an join us. Worship begins at 7 p.m. 

Here's a little taste of what to expect tomorrow night.
God on you.....
mbb



No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...