Thursday, September 29, 2016

Choices



Luke 11:23 (The Message Bible)
Jesus speaking - "This is war, and there is no neutral ground. If you're not on my side, you're the enemy, if you're not helping , you're making things worse."

I rolled over and looked at the clock this morning.....3:45.
I chose to stay in bed a little longer.

I finally got up and went to the kitchen.
"How many cups of coffee do I need to make?"
I chose to make four cups.
I looked out the door to see if the paper had come. It had.
"Do I go now to get it? Or do I wait until Vicki gets up?"
I chose to go get it right then instead of waiting.
Life is filled with choices. Most of them insignificant.
Most of them not life threatening or destiny changing.


But during our day, we all will come across a choice that has the potential to change our life.
The choice may seem small at the moment, but if you follow the trail it lays out in front of you it will alter your life. We don't really like to think about such things as the power of our choice, but truth is......we all need a spiritual compass that will guide us in making these choices.


One of the biggest choices we can make is to choose who we are going to follow. There really are only two choices in this matter.
You're either going to follow God....being guided by His Holy Spirit.
Or you're going to follow the devil....being influenced by his whispers to listen to your flesh (sin nature).
That's it...only two choices, and in spite of our following our old sin/nature, God still pursues us in love to point us in the right direction.


Romans 3 (The Message Bible)
Since we've compiled this long and sorry record as sinners, and proved that we are utterly incapable of living the glorious life God will for us, God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we were in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ.

It all boils down to who are you choosing to follow.
A God who offers you strength, mercy and His grace.
A God who draws you into a relationship that will extend beyond the boundaries of this life...

Or a fallen angel named Lucifer who only has your worst interest at heart.
He has only one purpose in this world.
To deceive you through any means to reject God.
To steal, kill and destroy you, and anything you touch.

Seems to me the choice is pretty clear.
What do you think?


Today, I choose to follow God.
Today, I choose God!


God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...