Tuesday, September 6, 2016

The Life I NOW live



Galatians 2:20
For I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me, and the life which I now live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

The life which I now live....
Now.....today, this moment. This 24 hour period that has been given to me by God himself.
This life I live in this body....this fleshly form that I walk around in. My body.....
I live by faith. I live by under the direction of God's Holy Spirit, seeing beyond what my natural eyes can see. (Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen).


So how does all this work? I'm not really sure, but I do grasp the idea that I no longer live to satisfy my flesh. Rather, my daily goal is to satisfy my Father in heaven. Oh, it's not a spiritual check list of do's and do not's. It is a knowing inside of right and wrong. This so called life I live by faith covers every aspect of my daily life.
Christ living in me helps me with my fiances as I pay my bills.
Christ living in me helps me with my relationships with others, as I do unto them as I would have them do unto me.
Christ living in me helps me to be aware of my neighbor and offer help when needed.
Christ living in me helps me to stay away from old haunts and old friends who do not have my best interest at heart.
Christ living in me helps me to face every problem and situation that may come my way today.


You see, It truly is Christ who lives in me, and it truly is a life of faith that I am learning to live. If you want to see what a life of faith looks like, then read Chapter 11 of the book of Hebrews. Some have referred this chapter as being the "Great Hall of Faith". It lists numerous people we read about in Scripture.....Moses, Abraham, Abel, Noah...and on and on and on. But each person's story begins with the phrase...."By Faith"...and then proceed's to tell what they accomplished because of their faith. Well, I think that list has continued throughout our history, right up until this day. I believe that our names will be listed in this line. Mine will read..."By faith, Michael Bynum...". As will yours. It will list the defining moment or event that put us in this Galatians 2:20 life. I guess the greatest thing that we could have written about us is "By faith they lived their life trusting that God was who He claimed to be, and did what He promised He would do.
Can't argue that one....
See you tomorrow.


God on you.....


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...