Wednesday, September 7, 2016

There Isn't Any Life In Worrying


Matthew 11:28
Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."

We worry...
We fret.....
We get all tied up in knots over circumstances and situations that are beyond our control.
Did you ever notice that you never worry about things you can control?

More than once I have heard others proclaim..."Well, that's just the way I am. I can't help it."
Of course I understand that the nature of man is to worry. But when I worry (and I do) then I'm not really trusting God am I?  For me personally, when I find myself starting to fall into that dark abyss of worry, I stop myself and began to pray. I pray and thank God for who He is and what He has promised He would do. In other words, I take my hands off, step back, and let Him be God. Hard to do? Sure is....but if I don't work at this trusting thing, it will never get any easier, and I won't learn how to do it.

I Peter 5:7
Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares for you.
I like this verse so much that I probably quote it a gazillion times a day.
Give.....turn loose......make the decision followed by the effort to release whatever has you tied up in knots.

All... What falls under all? Everything. You don't get to decide what you are, or not going to give God. He wants everything that has the potential of derailing us in our walk with Him.

Your...This is personal. Not someone else's problems or worries, but your's. Really is this place were the real admission of being powerless comes into play? When I stand up in front of God, and say, "I'll handle this one God!" we are sliding back into that place of trying to run our life.

Worries and cares......Is it just me, or don't you just get tickled to death when you read stuff like this? God did not clarify what constitutes "Worries and cares". It is open ended and available to all. What I consider to be a worry or care may not even register in your life. But see, it really isn't about me or you and our situations. It's about the love and mercy of God that He pours out on us.

To God....The giver of all good things. Author and perfecter of my faith. The receiver of my will and life as I turn over everything to Him. What do I get in return? His perfect peace.

For He cares for you..... We are His creation. He never intended for us to live life under the bondage of worries and cares. His desire is for us to live in freedom, and that freedom is found only in Him.

Maybe you are struggling with doubt, worrying, and being all tied up in knots. This is a good time and a good day to turn loose of it all. Hand it over to God, and take a deep breath of freedom.

God on you.....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...