Thursday, October 6, 2016

Seeking God


Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my shepherd.......I shall not want.

Everything we need on this side of heaven is found in God......
Our provision for life.....
Our sufficiency to face what ever situations and problems that come our way....

Everything we need is found in God.

Maybe that is why Jesus said in John 15:5 - "Yes, I am the vine; You are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing."

This is why our main focus in the Vineyard is worship.
More than a song we sing....
More than the words we read....
Worship is the attitude of the heart. Learning to fall in love with Jesus. Learning to express that love daily in everything we do.

No matter what comes our way, we turn to worship Him. Why? To get what we need? No, because we have found that His presence and person is the very well spring of life that will guide us and empower us in every situation.

Job lost everything.....
What did he do? He sat down and worshiped.
Kind of rings a different tone that what some teach today, doesn't it? Hard times? Suffering? Well, what's a body to do? How about worship the very one who allows us to draw breath.


On Saturday nights at Vineyard ReCovery, before we start, you'll hear me reference the fact that we about to sing some songs. We will be singing TO God....not singing about God. When I sing "Everything Will Be Alright"....it is because that is a truth that is being reinforced in me. Reinforced because I know that the one I'm singing to is there in the room with me. I am stating a declaration of His presence...His Power..His love....and His will. Such is where I want to be, right smack-dab in the center of Him.

Here's a list from Psalm 37 that I keep with me at all times.
1.) Trust in the Lord
2.) Take delight in the Lord
3.) Commit everything you do to the Lord.
4.) Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act.

The list helps me to remember what is important in this life. The world spends a lot of time and energy trying to attract me away from God. It will offer things, places and people that will entice me to turn my attention to them. I choose not to. I have found the value of seeking God. I have found the peace that the world cannot give me. Why would I look any where else? I won't.

Have a good day.....
God on you....

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...