Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Tonight I Am Missing you









Philippians 1:23-24
I'm torn between two desires.....I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sake's, it is better that I continue to live.

"Tonight I'm sittin' on this porch in the rain....Been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth and tonight I am missing You."

Early morning here on Greene Street.....
Age and mileage have a way of wearing on you, don't they?

Seems as though every which way I turn, people are hurting...
Some are dying...
Some are merely marking time until they do die.....
Some seem to be rushing things, as far as death is concerned....


Phone calls in the night from lost souls looking for answers.
You give them an answer....
You tell them that every question they have is found in an individual. Someone who gave everything to answer the "why's" of life and living.
They hear, but they don't hear.

I don't know if they don't believe.....or if sin has so deafened them they cannot comprehend what truth is.
Still you listen....
You cry with them....


Not suppose to say these things out loud.....but you say them to yourself..."How long Lord? How long before you come back..."

You know that when He does (not if He does) life will all make sense.
All the unanswered questions will land upon one individual as the answer. Funny how we can see this truth on this side of heaven. I think maybe we believe the answers should be a lot more complicated.


Yet, as wave after wave of darkness rolls into your life, there is a yearning deep within to be at home with Jesus. As Glen Kaiser sings..."Tonight I am missing You." Such are times of great homesickness for a place I've never been before. A place I've never seen, but a place that is as real as this keyboard I'm typing on.............Heaven. Now don't get me wrong in what I'm saying here. Yes, there is a longing to shed this mortal coil that wraps my spirit. But in no way am I going to check myself out so I can go be with Jesus. I am just being truthful about the longing that washes over me from time to time. This song by Glenn Kaiser is just sword that penetrates deep inside me. The realization that I am no longer a citizen of this world. My home is in heaven. Yet, at the same time, in my salvation is a call to do the kingdom work of Christ. A work that every believer is called to. We are to be His voice......His arms and hands.....His legs, that go to a lost generation with the good news.  What good news? That Jesus has bridged the chasm between a Holy God and sinful mankind. 


I will rejoice in His truth....
I will celebrate when someone else comes to the saving knowledge of Jesus...
I will worship Him in the good times, as well as the bad....
I will follow no matter where He may lead me....
But as long as I draw breath on this side of heaven...
Tonight, I am missing You, Jesus.


God on you...

mbb


No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...