Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Taking A Break For An Eagle



Yesterday was "leaf battle" day....
Rake, pile, haul to the street, until the yard is leaf free.
But yesterday was also a present day. A present from my heavenly Father.
I had been at it for a while, and stopped to catch my breath, when a shadow moved across the ground in front of me. Looking up, I caught sight of an eagle in flight. He was low to the ground and riding the wind. Dipping and diving, he never moved a wing, but made long, low circles around the neighborhood.

I watched him for at least three or four minutes. He never made a sound as he was in search of something....maybe food... who knows. Maybe he was just out to have a good time. I know if I could fly, I would take advantage of it every opportunity I could. Like I said, this whole event was a present for me. Yet at the same time, the whole event brought a passage of scripture to mind.


Isaiah 40:31
But those who trust in...those who hope in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.

Trusting God no matter what our situation may be. Trust does not mean that everything will turn out like we hope or think it will. Trusting God means that we will defer to Him, with the understanding that He knows what's best for us. Trusting is all part of the turning of will and life over to His care.

I like how this verse progresses. There is a benefit that we find when we do trust God. There is an imparting that takes place when we do trust God. The verse states pretty clear that such action on our part puts us in a place where we will find a strength to carry on that we did not have on our own. A strength that will lift us, like the eagle, above our problem....above our situation....above our circumstance. We will be given strength to move beyond, under God's guidance, whatever the world throws at us.


The entire verse from Isaiah is about moving forward.
Moving above the problems of this life....
Sometimes we run....we move quickly to forge ahead.
Sometimes we walk....but we do not get weary. We keep moving in this new found relationship. We do not get trapped by our past. We move forward.

Maybe that is what the whole recovery thing is about.
Truly attaching myself, will and life, to this POWER greater than myself.
That this POWER which is greater than can take me through, around, under, and above whatever is trying to lure me back into my old way of thinking and living.


I think I will "Step #3" it today.....
God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...