Friday, December 30, 2016

Declaration Part !


The Confession Pt. 1

Because of Christ's redemption, I am a new creation of infinite worth.
My identity.
I did not give to myself. I lay no claim as to being the author of it.
I state it as a simple fact.
Because of Christ's redemption.
Because of the work of Christ, He has brought deliverance to me through His death from the guilt and power of sin.
He has freed me from the penalty of sin, and has made provision for me to escape the presence of sin when it rears its ugly head.

Me responding to His call to relationship puts me in the place of being reborn.
This new birth gives me a new identity.
One that He sees in me even when I don't.
A new creation of infinite worth.
What an amazing thought, especially when I walk around with the "I'm-not-worthy-" blues.
I'm sure God chuckles at this attitude.
"Of course you're not worthy. That is why I sent my Son to die in your place."
I am grateful that God sees a worth that is not comprehended by human eyes.

This worth is found in every human being. That is why God said, "whoever believes ( in the work and person of Christ) will not perish, but have eternal life." Isn't it amazing how we run around trying to find our value, worth, and purpose in society? Looking to others to define us, and tell us how wonderful we are. When the only one whose opinion truly matters is one who is the creator of all that we see, touch, taste, smell and hear.

It took the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ to uncover my true value as a human being. It was his redeeming, or taking back mankind, that gives me the right to say,"I am a new creation of infinite worth". Why? Because of Christ's Redemption.

Today.....Lord.
I am grateful that you look at me and see me in ways that I tend to forget. So when the world piles on with troubles and situations that seem to overwhelm me, help me to remember who I am to you.

mb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...