Sunday, December 25, 2016

It's Christmas!!!


Luke 2:10-11
And the angel said unto them, "Fear not: for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord."

4:32 a.m.
Been up a while...
Coffee has just finished perking, as the pot gave one last "Whoozy-whoosh" to let me know that the brown gold was now ready for consumption. Paper has been delivered, and Vicki is down the hall catching the last of her night's sleep before moving into her day.
It's Christmas at the Bynum household.


Many thanks to Debbie and Lanny Handy for making the trek to Greene Street last night, bearing gifts and Christmas wishes. Very grateful for all our friends and family. 

Wore out my chair yesterday as I napped, snoozed, and slept through the ball game. It was wonderful. Last night we had the traditional Bynum Christmas supper.........Vicki's homemade pizza. Mom came over from her apartment and ate with us. Sitting around the table, we shared memories of Christmas past. For Vicki, it was family trips from Ohio to Alabama....Her mom and dad.....and the six Campbell kids. Six....count'em...six. But according to Vicki, as much as a circus as it was, it was a fun trip, save the time spent going through the winding roads of Kentucky, which only added misery to the ones who got carsick. 

I read the Christmas story, and then we sang some Christmas carols...sometimes having to insert our own made up words as we tried to pull this off without song books. After supper it was time for "IT's A Wonderful Life". Seen it a gazillion times, but never tire of the struggle between the needs of the many outweighing the wants of the one. I still tear up at the end when George Bailey is running through Bedford Falls shouting "Merry Christmas" to everyone. 

Got a call from an inmate yesterday. Good to hear from them. The best part was when they told me that they had several men lines up for me to pray over. Seems as though this individual had been telling them stories about me and these men wanted to know if maybe I would pray over them. One by one they took the phone and told me what they needed prayer for. One man in particular told me that he wanted to be saved...he was tired of his old life and old ways. So if you think about it today, throw up a prayer for this man as he starts this new journey with Christ.

Today will be filled with family once again...
Chad, Robin, Tyler and Ashley will come over.
Josh and Heather will come in from Athens, Georgia.
And Wayne, my brother, and Sue, my sister-in-law, will drive over from Oneonta.

Vicki will serve up a meal that will rival any restaurant, any where, for us to enjoy. This is her gift to her family.
There will be more memories shared, and more memories made as the bonds of family will grow stronger between us all.


I will drive up to Northside Baptist Church this morning to be a part of their Christmas program. Responsive readings and Christmas carols will make up the service, along with communion. It will be my last service, as I've been with them through out this month, until they invite me back. Good people at Northside Baptist. 

I guess I better close out this morning's Greene Street Letters.
Thank you for stopping by to see what's going on here on Greene Street. I'm grateful to each of you who read the postings. I hope that somewhere along the way, I may have written something that encouraged you to pursue this Jesus I follow. SO for the last time this year, I leave you with.....

Merry Christmas from the "B's" in Attalla


I will close out today's posting with a Video that has become one of my favorites. John Piper's THE INNKEEPER.

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...