Saturday, January 14, 2017

Contact

Good morning....
I'm kind of running late this morning.
Trying to ease into the day, rather than head-butting it into submission.


Today....
Twenty-four hours...
We'll sleep part of it...
We'll spend time eating and drinking to nourish our bodies...
We may spend part of it, since it's Saturday, in recreation or rest.
Me personally, I choose the latter, but because I say that doesn't mean it will happen.

I guess what I'm getting at, is that we have all manner of possibilities out there waiting on us today.
Some will be pleasurable to our senses.....

Other possibilities may be very drastic or dark...
Some will enhance our day...
Some may determine the course of our future days.
No matter which, we are ill equipped to handle them without the Spirit of God living and working inside of us.

As followers of Jesus (if that is truly who we are looking to each day) we have an obligation to seek Him out for wisdom and direction.
Something the church is long on talking about and short on actually doing. For some reason, we want to pigeon-hole Jesus just in case we actually need Him during the day. He's truly is our "get-out-of-jail" card that we will pull when the day goes horribly wrong.

This is not the way He wants us to live.
Relationship is about interaction at every moment of every day.
Now lets not get silly in this...
I do not believe we need to seek Jesus' direction for which pair of socks we need to wear today...
Nor do I need Him to show me which cereal to eat ( Rice Kripies ...or Captain Cruch). You get the idea....


So today, set your mind, heart, spirit and soul to stay in conscious contact with Jesus. In other words....let today be a Step #11 Day.

God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...