Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Real Deal Power


Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of this Good News (Gospel) about Christ. It is THE POWER of God at work saving (and healing) everyone who believes.....the Jew first and also the Gentile.

He says all the right words that would lead you to believe that he was sincere in his relationship with Jesus.
But his life reveals a greater truth.....
Maybe he isn't as saved as he thinks he is.....

Harsh to say this?
Yes, it is.
But which is more harsh....

To let him go on thinking that he is something that clearly he isn't...?
Or to lovingly confront him with the truth that what he says and how he lives does not match up.


The very fact that God took care of all manner of sin that could come to a man's life is the ultimate Good News. That Jesus' primary mission here on planet earth was to take back that which was lost. What is it that was lost? The ability for mankind to have an intimate relationship with the very One who created us.

In our "Lost-ness" we sought to fill up the void that was created when man and woman fell from grace back in the garden. And the strange part is that we don't actually perceive this void as being the only thing that can be filled with God. But it's real.......and it's there in each of us. So as we grow, we set about the business of trying to fill it with different things. We have fallen under the illusion that the temporary things of this world could ever produce an eternal satisfaction in our very souls.


We try to fill the void with drugs or alcohol....

For a season this seems to be the magic formula we've been looking for.
Our pain goes away.....
We have times of great euphoria and ecstasy....
We become part of a new group of friends that join in with us.
Our problems seem to disappear, at least for the moment....
But we know now all too well where this little slice of what we thought was heaven has taken us.


We tried sex thinking that was the way to find real love.
Somewhere along the way after going through multiple partners, we are still empty inside. We may have become proficient at the act, but we do not know how to have a real relationship with another human being. Our relationships become filled with mistrust and manipulation. We think marriage is the key, so off we go to find a spouse. Only to find out that we really don't know how to life with another human being. Let's get real honest here.....even if you are superhuman and you're able to have sex for an hour......that still leaves you 23 hours that you have to live together. Seems to be developing a relationship would be the utmost of important things to do. Somehow we bought the lie that having sex means the same thing as falling in love. It doesn't.


We think that money will be our savior....
After all, money means power doesn't it?
The more you have, the more powerful you are perceived?

Strike three, you're out!
For the most part, money actually has us...

IT can be a drug unto itself.
It provides more opportunity to purchase what you think is real happiness.
But here again we've bought into the lie of society......

If money is the great problem solver, then why do the rich commit suicide?

So bottom line is that seeking God....
There in lies the answer to life's problems....
Not looking for what He can do...
But look to Him for who He is.


When God saves me, He gives me a part of Himself.
He somehow implants in me His Holy Spirit.
He becomes the compass by which I live.
I cannot lay claim to being one of His own, yet live my life by my own dictates, wants and fleshly desires.
There is a change that takes place within me.
It is a process as the old me gives way to the new me.
I'm learning to live life in a new way.

My words and my actions line up to reveal the new me.
Oh don't get me wrong...
I do not turn into SUPER-CHRISTIAN!!!!!
But the change I speak of is on-going and is proven by the way you interact in this old world.


This good news about what Jesus has done for me is POWER to my life.
It is a promise that God carries through with everyone who seeks Him.....
Turns will and life over to His care.

Sounds like a good deal to me....
How 'bout you?


God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...