Saturday, February 4, 2017

Grati-fabulous-tude


 The day? Saturday.
The Time? 4:25 a.m.

The date? February 4, 2017.
My age? 65 years old.

My attitude? Grateful.

Gratitude that comes from not what I have, own, or possess.
Gratitude for simply being alive.

Not existing and going through the motions, but gratitude for being given this gift we called life.
I see way too many people, walking around, heads down, no sign of emotion on their face. They seem to almost like zombies. Whoa....maybe the zombie apocalypse has already happened!!!

I know life is hard...
It's hard even when you have a relationship with Jesus...

But imagine how hard it is when you trying to fly through it solo.
Being guided by your own decisions...
Being influenced by your wrong desires and wants.
That makes for a plane crash of Biblical proportions.
Now, repeat this crash over and over...
Day after day, crashing and burning...

One of two things happen in this repetition.
1.) You crash so many times, your heart and head tell you that this is normal, and that you should not expect it to change.
Or....
2.) You finally wake up and that little voice inside your head tells you that there has to be a better way to live. Said voice directs you to pursue Jesus.
I tend to fall on the second one rather than the first.

So I choose to be grateful this morning.
Is my life here on earth perfect?  Nope.
Is my life free from pain and suffering? Nope.

Do I walk around everyday with a golden ticket given to me by God because I chose to surrender will and life over to His care? Nope.
But I do possess something that I didn't have prior to turning my life over to Him.
And what would that be?
Direction...
Purpose....
And gratitude. Grateful today for where I am in life. Grateful today for who God has made me. Grateful today for family and friends.

And most importantly....
Grateful that He has seen fit to give me another 24 hours to experience His love and mercy on this side of heaven.


Find your gratitude today...
Find it, and exercise it in spite of the lemons that life throws at you.

Thanks for stopping by the Greene Street Letters...
Until tomorrow....

God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...