Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Wowzers! Now That Is Cool



Hebrews 4:12
For the WORD of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and  intents of the heart.

Psalm 107:20
He sent His WORD and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

Romans 10:17
SO then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the WORD of God.

What are we looking at in the picture above?
A remarkable use of technology that you will never hear or read about in the cultural media.
It is a solar powered radio...
Yeah.....that's pretty cool.
Well, let's take it one more step..
This solar powered radio contains the entire 5-year teaching of Dr. J. Vernon McGee.
The entire 5 year program of Dr. McGee going line by line/ verse by verse through the Bible is available to anyone who purchases one of these radio. Now let's go even beyond that. These are being made available around the world, with the teaching in the language of 100 different countries. 


I have been a follower of Dr. McGee ever since 1993. I had moved from a management position at a local eatery, and had taken on the job as meat cutter. I worked in a room all myself...no one bothered me, or came into my room (it was a might cold). But I took my radio each day and tuned into the "THROUGH THE BIBLE" broadcast. I was intrigued by the man with a very prominent Texas drawl.  Well, that drawl became ingrained in my heart and my spirit as I followed Dr. McGee through the Bible. One five year trip turned into another.....and then another. Each time brought new insight and understanding as I read my Bible.


The one thing I've always admired about the Through The Bible organization is that they are always looking for new ways, through technology, to advance the kingdom of God. Radio has fallen out of favor here in the U.S. because of the rise of the smart phone. But to the rest of the world, radio is the primary source of information. Think of the impact that a radio that contains the teaching of the entire Bible heard in the language of the people who are tuned in would have. Not only that, but to have the means to be able to listen to the teaching at any time, not bound by having to tune in the program at a specific time. Throw in the fact that the radio is solar-powered and doesn't need batteries....you've got yourself a fine piece of technology there.

I appreciate daily devotionals.....
I love to read daily teachings of others....
But nothing compares to listening, following and learning the Scripture in a line-by-line teaching. Going through the whole Word of God.

As Dr. McGee use to say...."The whole Word...for the Whole world".
Pray for the folks at Through The Bible organization, that God would grant them wisdom and grace to use the tool and technology of our culture to reach those who haven't heard. To continue to teach those whose hearts burn with a hunger to learn the Word of God.

God on you...
mbb




No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...