Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A "Manna" Journey


Matthew 10:9-10
Do not take along any gold or silver or copper in your belts. Take not bag for the journey, or extra tunic, or sandals or a staff...........

Trust.....
Trust in God....
Easy to say...hard to do, yet this is the key cornerstone to our new found relationship with Jesus. His will is that we understand we are not to be sufficient within ourselves, but rather lean on Him and His provision. Doesn't mean we go all "lazy" on Him, rather that He becomes the one we seek out for whatever it is we need.

We say we believe these concepts and ideas about Jesus, but when push comes to shove, our faith falls away and we seek to meet our own needs, whether in a good way, or a bad way.


Notice what Jesus says in Matthew 6:28-32

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not ever Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you. O you of little faith? Do not worry, saying,'What shall we eat? Or what shall we drink....or what shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
When you got up this morning, your heavenly Father already knew what you needed for this day. Our job is to trust Him as we move through our day. I like to think of this type of view as we are taking a "MANNA" Journey.

Manna was the bread/cracker/wafer that God provided for Israel to live on during their 40 year journey in the wilderness. I pretty sure that there are any Publix or Aldi's stores in the wilderness. No 7-11 or zippy-rips where a guy could get a Yoo-hoo or a Slim Jim. God was the sole source of provision for those on that journey. Every morning the Israelite's got up, food was already there lying on the ground for the taking. In fact, God commanded them to gather up what they needed.....JUST FOR THAT DAY! In the morning, there would be a new, fresh provision. The people learned to trust God.

We have been called to walk in a like manner, with the understanding that God has provided everything I need to walk through this day. Whether it be clothes, a place to live, food and drink...God has it for me. What's my part in this equation? To seek Him first, and to be zealous to live in righteousness. Another way of looking at this is to say that we are to "Seek God's rule and reign in our own personal lives first and foremost. Along with His Kingdom rule, we are to seek His "Right-ness" or character. Isn't that a big part of the recovery journey? Allowing God to remove our character defects? If He removes something, rest assured that He is going to replace it with something better. Just how God rolls.

Actually learning to live in this manner takes away a lot of stress that most folks carry around. I find that the Joy of the Lord is alive and well within me. That life, real life isn't based on success or failure....it's found in trusting God. Trusting him when I succeed...and trusting him when the wheels come off and I find myself in the ditch. He is the one true constant in my life. I don't know about you, but I do believe I'm going to take my own advice and chase this Jesus through the day.

God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...